“Decent breakfast..not much selection though.”

Gecko's Waterfall Grill
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We came here before setting off on our day of adventure. My son and I were excited to try the banana pancakes and stuffed french toast. When the waitress came to our table she informed us there were no pancakes or french toast!! That left only bacon/egg sandwich on either itailan bread or tortilla. Very disappointed. The sandwich was good however, the bread was delicious which makes the sandwich! Good coffee as well.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This little cafe is cute. Great coffee. We ordered the caramel delight. It was delicious we went back for seconds the same day. It's a great little place to sit and watch the locals go about their business while drinking great coffee. We did not order food but everything brought out to other tables looked delicious.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been craving "American" food after eating 14 days of local food (which is amazing!!!), but I was ready for something different. This place was perfect! It was a quaint little coffee type shop. The menu is really basic, but good. I ordered the stuffed French Toast (yummy) which came with orange juice and my friend ate the banana pancakes (yummy as well). I also ordered a coffee with milk, which was perfect! The price was a little high, but over all the experience and staff were pleasant. We sat out on the porch and as the sun came out from behind the clouds it got super hot under the tin/metal roof. I would suggest getting a fan or two out there to cool off customers. It cost about $25 for two people to eat a very basic breakfast. I would recommend this place to friends and would go back myself.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

This place looked really nice and clean from the outside and wraps and iced coffees sounded good and they were. But we ordered a fruit plate and I couldn't help but notice the guy who was making it was eating pieces of the fruit while he made it with no gloves on and he was licking his fingers every few seconds and touching the fruit after. I didnt eat any of it and I sure would want people to warn me if they saw that at a restaurant I was eating at. Just a heads up. I work in the food industry and this kind of stuff really grosses me out. He was also licking peanut butter off his fingers after he made the iced coffee with chocolate and peanut butter. Hopefully they read this and realize that grosses some people out. Would have been a much better experience otherwise.

1  Thank Honest_Aaron_Ca
TropicalChef, Owner at Gecko's Waterfall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This is the first time hearing of anything like this and our employees have been trained in food handling so reading this review was definitely a surprise. We immediately did another round of food guide handlers training. Thank you & we hope to see you again in Costa Rica!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Had breakfast here a few times and I want to go back just for the banana pancakes. Great place to grab breakfast right before your rafting trip (Located next door to Wave Expeditions). Smoothies are also good. I didn't get a chance to grab lunch and try their sandwiches or salads, but I did hear one guest rave about their hearts of palm salad. Definitely a stop you'd want to make if you're visiting La Fortuna.