“Beautiful views, lots of laughs!”

Arenal Canopy Adventure (ATHICA Canopy Tour)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The newest attraction in the Arenal Volcano area. 10 zip line cables, view the mighty volcano, Arenal River, a 66 ft waterfall and try our HUGE Tarzan Swing. The biggest tarzan swing in the area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Athica Tours picked us up at our hotel and delivered us in a timely fashion to their starting point. We knew there were 10 lines (the longest nearly half a mile) and a tarzan swing and that it would take a couple of hours at most. It was perfect for a first-time experience! Marlon and Estabon were great. Estabon took our camera and shot not only photos but also video. Marlon made jokes along the way and put everyone at ease. Along the way we saw armies of leafcutter ants, beautiful birds, and breath-taking vistas. Priced right...well worth your time and money!

All reviews
"tarzan swing"
in 73 reviews
"horseback riding"
in 15 reviews
"great pictures and videos"
"took pictures"
in 6 reviews
"zip lined"
"afraid of heights"
in 5 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"a lot of fun"
in 3 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our first time going ziplining as a family--our girls are 8 and 11. The guides were so funny and helpful. Most of us were pretty nervous about heights but this ended up being the highlight of our whole trip! A great experience for everyone!!!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We did the zipline with my 8 yr old kids. Marlon and Estabon took very good care and patiently explained the guidelines very simply. We felt very safe and enjoyed the thrill and the views. The tarzan swing was exceptional. The views were awesome. I highly recommend this tour in Arenal.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife, son and I had a great time doing this zipline excursion while we were in Lafortuna last week. I had some reservations about doing this but they disappeared once we did our first canopy zipline. The guides took exceptional care to make us feel comfortable and clearly explained each and every step along the way. The view from atop of the trees was incredible which made this excursion well-worth the cost. I highly recommend this adventure!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had never zip lined before this excursion. Our guides were amazing and made me feel confident doing the first line. After the initial one, I was hooked. There are 10 total zips and an optional Tarzan swing. I would highly recommend not making the Tarzan swing an optional activity. The views are amazing. The training from the guides was fantastic. The experience was unforgettable. When we return to Costa Rica, this is one adventure we will ensure we do again.