“Zip-line, Tarzan, Horseback Riding Extravaganza!”

Arenal Canopy Adventure (ATHICA Canopy Tour)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The newest attraction in the Arenal Volcano area. 10 zip line cables, view the mighty volcano, Arenal River, a 66 ft waterfall and try our HUGE Tarzan Swing. The biggest tarzan swing in the area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful experience with our Athica Canopy Tour experience. From the moment we arrived the crew was super friendly and fun. Marlon and Bernardo kept us smiling and having a blast the whole time. We were lucky to be part of a small four person tour and went on the 10 cable zip-lines, the mammoth Tarzan swing, and also went for a 1 hour+ horseback ride.

The zip-lines send you buzzing over, under, and through jungle-type trees and forest and offer some pretty amazing views. They go really fast and Marlon might just throw in a few surprises here and there. Bernardo was very helpful with taking photos by zipping out a little ways with our tour mate's camera, stopping, turning around, and snapping some photos of us all on the platform. I also noticed him taking pictures as they came zipping in to the platform as well.

The horseback ride was great. I had never been on a horse before but my trusty steed, Chingo, made it very easy. Marlon gave us a great tour up into the hills and down past a really pretty view of an algae lake. We went all over the area, had great weather, and it was really a wonderful time.

I would highly recommend my Athica Canopy Tour experience to anyone headed to the Arenal Volcano area and next time I'm in town I'll be stopping by again.

Thanks Marlon, Bernardo, and Athica!!!

1  Thank GraniteStater_20
dvarval, Propietario at Arenal Canopy Adventure (ATHICA Canopy Tour), responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Wow what a great and colorful description of our tour. We are so glad to here that you had a good time. The guys are alot of fun and enjoy what they do, so all this positive attitude shows off when their on the cables or on our horses. We really hope to have you come visit us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

ATHICA was one of the best excursions we did while in La Fortuna. We traveled as a group of five and did the combination of zipline, Tarzan swing and horseback riding. They were prompt in picking us up and thorough in their safety demonstration. the two guides, Marlon and Gustavo were so helpful. They even took our pictures for us with our cameras at the beginning and end of the ziplines so we all have great photos of us starting and finishing. They showed my boyfriend a technique of going upside down on the zipline and he had a great photo of him "Spider-manning" it.

The zipline was awesome but the Tarzan swing was the best. It was thrilling and exhilarating. A must-do! The guides video-ed our swings for us. We ran into a couple of other tourists who said they heard of the Tarzan swing but their tour didn't have it. I was so glad we chose ATHICA. Highly, highly recommended.

Hey, we're so glad that you guys enjoyed the tour. Unfortunately we don't offer the picture service here but the guides are always very willing to help anyone out with their own cameras to make the best of your tour. We're glad you had a good time and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a blast. My husband and I and our two daughters aged 6 and 4 really enjoyed zip lining through the forest. We could admire the beauty of this wilderness in a way you would not be able to experience otherwise. The thrill of "flying" around at great speed was incredible. Yes, there is an element of fear, but I personally had no time to be scared as the guide had my youngest daughter attached to him and was already after completing his first wire with my daughter waiting for me on the next platform and my oldest daughter waiting for her turn after me. I had to go! Besides, the guides, Gustavo and Bernal, were extremely professional and I knew that they were using very safe procedures, taking very good care of all of us. I worked as a outdoor pursuits instructor for 3 years and I am familiar with climbing, abseiling, ropes etc. Te guides were funny too and were great with my children making them feel very secure and safe. We laughed and had so much fun. An experience of a lifetime and not to be missed

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Athica Canopy is an excellent adventure sport where you can enjoy the moment and get the most beautiful experience.The guides were patient and helpful with me , I will never forget the best time in the Tarzan. Iwuold like to return again is awesome.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our travel agent booked this canopy tour for us and I am happy they did. There were 10 lines and a tarzan swing offering a variety of heights, speeds and views. I was very scared to do this but the guides were professional and reassuring, and I ended up having a lot of fun. I would recommend it as a "gateway" zipline experience!

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour. Thank you very much for the comments we really appreciate them. Hope to have you you back some time in the future