“BEST GUIDES EVER!!!”

Costa Rica Descents
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Descents is an adventure outfitter specializing in whitewater rafting. On our customized excursions you will literally plunge headfirst into the breathtaking beauty of Costa Rica. Imagine the excitement of whitewater rafting combined with the picturesque environment of Costa Rica's tropical rain forests. With safety as our number one priority, we hand-pick only highly trained and personable guides, whose primary concern is the quality of your experience.We also offer a chance for you to observe our exotic and colorful tropical birds with a qualified ecology expert. With us you can soak away your stress in natural hot springs, explore the country on horseback or a mountain bike and come face to face with the rainforest canopy. We make sure you take full advantage of everything this country s natural beauty has to offer.
Dunedin, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST GUIDES EVER!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My best friend and I decided to do white water rafting our last day in Costa Rica. Our Hostel recommended this company and I am so glad they did! We were picked up in the morning by a driver and a rafting guide whose name was jose. He explained the days itinerary during our 45 minute drive to Balsa. He was hysterically funny and made everyone in the van at ease. Our rafting guide was Eder who was very knowledgable and made us feel safe at all times. He too told jokes the whole way down the river making the ride super fun. Our entire raft flipped over and Jose who was on another raft and Eder immediately pulled my friend and I out of the water and made sure to put us at ease and make sure we were ok. As a whole, everyone that worked there seemed to love their job and had a great time doing it. Definitely use this company. The people are AMAZING! Pura Vidal!

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true adrenaline rush!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This was our last activity in Costa Rica an what an awesome way to end it! Our host, Jose, was hilarious and kept us safe the whole time. Our group member who was panicking before we even started and was extremely scared was the one who loved it the most! Now this experience truly says a lot! Definitely a must do and the organic farm was incredible! Great food and great company

Visited September 2013
Buena Vista, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A+ Whitewater, Lunch, and Farm Tour”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

These guys know how to put on a great trip. The Balsa River was stout from the start and incredibly scenic. Oscar was a phenomenal guide. The lunch was incredibly healthy, plentiful, and delicious. Jose was a pro at the farm tour. Thank you Descents, Oscar, and Jose.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Totally worth it”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have rafted twice before and was really not looking forward to this but all my friends wanted to go so I didn't want to be the brat and not go. I honestly dreaded it all the way to the waters edge, I HATE to be cold and white water rafting always meant freezing my toes off. While it was a bit chilly right at first it was not unbearable at all.

So that out of the way I must say that our guide was really awesome he would fly in the air when he hit a bump and crack jokes the whole way making it even more enjoyable and fun. We got completely stuck in one of the biggest rapids causing us to all get out while 3 other guides worked to unlodge the raft! It was one of those once in a lifetime experiences we will never forget!

It was a nice amount of fast rapid and relaxed rowing with no time to get bored in between. I highly recommend this tour group they were really fantastic.

Visited July 2013
Manchester
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent adrenaline rush adventure!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We got a great price for a full day rafting and a meal at a local organic farm which was one of the best meals I've ever had! We were picked up from the farm were we were staying and drove about 30 minutes to a farm were we changed and walked about 10 minutes down to the river and got an instruction and safety breefing. This company is the only one that goes right from the top of Rio Balsa river and if you want grade 4 then this is the one for you. Despite falling in twice me and my friends had an amazing time. We stopped twice- once at a waterfall to share a pineapple and then once it calmed down to grade 2-3 to merge our rafts. There is a photographer that documents it all and its really cheap to buy the pics if you split the cost of one CD between the 6 of you as we did.

Visited December 2012