“Good pizza”
Review of Que Rico Arenal

Que Rico Arenal
Cuisines: American, Italian, Costa Rican, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We went there two nights and really enjoyed it, Service was excellent, setting was beautiful and food was solid.

There are newer reviews for Que Rico Arenal

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I walked from Royal Corin and it took us less than 15 minutes. There were no sidewalks, but the side of the road was safe to walk on as there was plenty of space and mowed lawn on at least one side of the road the whole way. The restaurant is easily identifiable by a large red sign. We were quickly welcomed and offered any seat we preferred. We chose a table for four by the open air (it was an indoor/outdoor space). We had tap water and ordered drinks right away. I had the tropical spritzer which was nice, neither very sweet or strongly alcoholic; there was a ton of fruit in the drink (orange, pineapple, etc.). My husband got the iced machiatto and it was very tasty. Next we had salads. I had the Caesar. It was very very good. The lettuce was cut nice and finely (very easy to eat) and it was very fresh. The croutons were bite-sized and tasty. The chicken was quite good and the Caesar dressing was excellent. My husband had the caprese salad. The tomatoes were nice and firm as he prefers and cut thick. The fresh mozzarella was delicious. It was served with generously sized basil leaves. Our entrée was a grande volcano pizza (ham, peperoni, black olives, cheese, tomato sauce). Parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, olive oil, spiced olive oil, etc. were all available on the table. Finally we had the baccio perugina; it was so so good. The ice cream was refreshing, the nutella was delicious, and I would definitely order it again. Our server was Rafael who was very helpful, responsive, and polite. He suggested the dessert, which turned out well. He also gave us dessert liquor on the house since we are on our honeymoon. The woman’s restroom was very clean, had nice tile, plenty of paper towels, etc. The restaurant was very spacious and could easily accommodate a large group. I believe there was just one TV but it was located in a position that allowed us to catch some of the World Cup. At the end of our meal we were pleased to discover that our bill was just under $50, which was quite a bit less than our hotel meal bill at Royal Corin. We asked Rafael to call a taxi for us so we could return to our hotel as by that time it was very dark outside. He quickly called us a taxi (one of his friends) and we were given a safe, quick drive home. In summary, this restaurant is excellent and we would certainly return.

Cerohi, General Manager at Que Rico Arenal, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor user:
Thank you very much for your detailed review. As you mentioned there are several specialties not to be missed. Our chefs cook using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all our food options and the service you received from Rafael. I'm sure he will be excited to see you again on your next visit to Que Rico Arenal. Looking forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The resort I was staying at had mediocre food at high prices so we stopped at Que Rico Ristorante e Pizzeria. Glad we did. Fantastic pizza and sangria and the service by Cesar was 5 star. I love a place that anticipates my needs and exceeds my expectations and Que Rico does that!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We walked here one evening from Volcano Lodge. We ordered the large Volcan. It was a decent sized thin crust wood fired pizza served with olive oil, tomato infused olive oil, basalmic vinegar and the usual parmesan cheese, and hot pepper flakes. It was tasty and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in the Arenal/ La Fortuna area for several days and ate in numerous restaurants. Que Rico was first and foremost the best food and the best service but also the best value for the quality of food service. Rafael was our waiter and he was superb. Knew exactly the type of family diners we were, made excellent menu recommendations and was extremely kind and friendly. We went to Que Rico a couple of times and also recommended Que Rico to some friends from our hotel and they loved the restaurant as well. The pizza and salads were all great. At Rafael's recommendation I tried the "Pollo Tamirindo" and it was excellent. We had the perfect meal after a day of amazing and very strenuous Costa Rica hiking. You will not be disappointed! Thanks Que Rico & Rafael, we will see you on our next visit for sure.

1  Thank Jimmy S