“Nice break from typical local food”
Review of Que Rico Arenal

Que Rico Arenal
Cuisines: American, Italian, Costa Rican, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Pensacola Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice break from typical local food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice surprise to have a delicious pizza and Italian options. Reasonable prices and also provide delivery

Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
los angeles
“solid place”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

this place was pretty good, i wouldn't say the food is outstanding but the service was really great, people were friendly, nice atmosphere, pizza was suprisingly better than i expected and the beers were cold! great for lunch

Littleton, Colorado
“Que Rico and the staff are amazing!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I visited Costa Rica for our honeymoon and spent several days in La Fortuna. We stayed at the Arenal Volcano Inn, which is also the site of Que Rico Arenal, one of the best restaurant experiences we've had. We actually ate there on multiple occasions, and were thoroughly impressed with each meal. The ceviche is delicious and don't forget the baccio for dessert - completely decadent. We drank at the bar on multiple occasions and had numerous "Caipa Ticos", a variation of the Brazilian caipirinha. They were prepared by our bartender Melvin, who is an artist with the way he carefully crafted our drinks. We already miss the excellent experience we had there - pura vida!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was the restaurant next to our hotel (Arenal Volcano Inn) so we ate here for lunch & dinner a couple of times during our stay. The food is good - I highly recommend the ceviche! - and the staff very friendly.

Visited August 2013
“Our waiter HATED Americans”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

On our second trip to CR/Arenel, we ended up here in a bad storm even though our hotel does not recommend this restaurant. We sat down and were ignored the first 15 minutes although the British family next to us (that sat down after us) were immediately attended. Finally we were brought bread and water. I could see the waiters grumbling over who was going to take care of us. After about 10 more minutes, our waiter (Melvin) came over. He did not introduce himself, he did not ask what we would like to order he merely said "Ready/" and began looking distractedly around the restaurant. I speak a little Spanish and always try to use it. I told him (in Spanish) to hold on that we had not ordered drinks yet. He acted very annoyed and put out but took our drink orders. 15 more minutes later we had our beers. He took our food order, gave us more annoyed expressions over our request for two checks and then walked away never to be seen again until the checks were brought to the table. The food was average at best. At the end of the meal I found Melvin and asked him if he had a problem waiting on Americans. He actually laughed at me and corrected my Spanish. Really? I try to never be that typical American tourist that starts jabbering off in English just expecting people in other countries to understand and serve me. We finished our heated discussion and I told him that I would be writing this review. He laughed again. Maybe the other waiters would have been nicer our just not flat out rude to our faces but the food isn't even worth it anyway. If you are from the United States, I would not go here. You will leave angry and disappointed. There are so many fantastic restaurants in Arenal/La Fortuna, don't waste your time with theses people. They don't like us and they don't want our money. Good Riddance.

• Visited August 2013
soyafortunado, Propietario at Que Rico Arenal, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Mr. Alabamaliz

Thank you for your review and letting us know about your personal experience at our restaurant. We are taking actions to guarantee immediate improvement for future customers. We want to let you know that we love American tourists and have many North Americans that visit us several times while they are in the Arenal Volcano area, some even repeat when they come back to Costa Rica for their second or third trip. For me as co owner of the restaurant our waiters way of serving you is not acceptable and I want to sincerely apologize with you. I do hope when you come back to Costa Rica you visit us again so you may experience the real service of Que Rico restaurant. I look forward to meeting you in the future!.

Thanks again for your opinions.

Best Regards,