All reviewsmud bathtour of the propertypineapple houseoff the beaten pathcosta ricadirt roadcommon areas arespring fed poolplants and animalsbeautiful junglenatural springwaterfall hikeauthentic experiencepura vidapiece of paradisehighlight of our tripamazing property
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Princesa de la Luna eco-lodge was a beautiful, authentic jungle experience. My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 days and loved every moment of it. William, Willmar and Maritza are a wonderful staff who made sure our stay was perfect. The beautiful pets Princesa and Chiquita were well behaved and gentle dogs who accompanied us throughout the property. My favorite part of our stay was the tour of the grounds, which includes a beautiful walk to a waterfall and natural spring pools. I will definitely be returning soon and I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vcordova6390
Reviewed May 15, 2017

For an authentic jungle Costa Rica experience, this is a great location. The people who work there (William and Wilmer) are both very friendly and helpful. We brought small children (4 and 7 years old) and they accompanied us on the property tour hike to see a waterfall and the mud bath. They really loved the property and experiencing Costa Rica in its finest. The room is rustic, with no A/C, etc, so be prepared for a camp-like experience. With a good view of Arenal volcano from a porch hammock, and great home cooked meals, this is a great choice of a place to stay in La Fortuna.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Jonathan D, Owner at Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Thanks for your Review , but I would say ...its not necessary AC , this is no loss! ... but to describe it as a camp like experience is far from it ... the design of the lodge is unusual and not a conventional house ,take advantage of the space ,balconies,hammocks etc.. The rooms all with private bathrooms and excellent solid beds make it a great close to nature experience...

Reviewed May 14, 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here to start our two week Costa Rica adventure, and I'm so glad we did. Enjoying our morning coffee in a hammock with a view of the volcano was surreal, and because we travelled in the off season, we practically had the whole place to ourselves. We loved how convenient the lodge was to all the activities we wanted to do in the area, while still feeling private, peaceful, and remote.

You must do the jungle tour of the property - thanks to Arling (hope I'm spelling that right) it was the highlight of our stay!! Take advantage of their delicious Tico style food, especially breakfast. You won't regret it.

If you want maximum privacy, ask to book one of the cabins. Common areas are shared, and we were woken quite early by workers who came in to use the kitchen each morning at 6am. Luckily we didn't mind because it just gave us more time to enjoy our mornings in paradise.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a unique place with fully colored view every where. The trips and guides made us enjoy our vacations as never before. The food are very typical and super delicious, I'll miss it !!! The people knows how to treat us and they are a great team, all of them willing to give you the best of they hearts !!! We felt closer and want to come back in July. I recommend it to very one !!!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

One of the best experiences of my life and also my family was amazed with the place. The staff made the time and place so familiar that we didn't wanted to leave. Princesa de LA Luna was beyond my expectations, I didn't know that there are places like that so full of natural experiences, real joy and peace, definitely we want to come back. The combination of flavors on the meal, make a party of tastes. Recommended 103% !!!!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family