All reviewsmud bathtour of the propertypineapple houseoff the beaten pathcosta ricadirt roadcommon areas arespring fed poolplants and animalsbeautiful junglenatural springwaterfall hikeauthentic experiencepura vidapiece of paradisehighlight of our tripamazing property
Reviewed September 11, 2016

My expectations of the hotel were very different than what it was. Although the grounds are beautiful and the hikes are fun, the hotel itself left a lot to be desired. Overall, the hotel is not very well maintained- bathroom shower was probably not cleaned recently, bath towels were mis-matched/worn, and beds left a lot to be desired. We were there with 4 other families, otherwise we probably would have checked out. We were also there for 5 nights, which was a little too long.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

William and Jonatan were very helpful through out the processor our journey, they were welcoming and very helpful. William took us on a hiking trips to the waterfalls. The place is BEAUTIFUL. We took a mud bath, went zip lining and hike through the forest... Beautiful scenery and nice people.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2016

A friend of mine planned this trip which included three glorious nights at this slice of paradise. Wil took us on the hike to the waterfall. I'm not as fit as most folks that make this trip and Wil stuck by my side to make sure I was safe and enjoyed the experience. I cannot express how awesome this place is, the beauty, the serenity, the true care that both William and Wil showed us. The meals were the best we experienced in Costa Rica! I love this place and hope to return again. The phrase "Pura Vida" was certainly coined because of this wonderful gem! Go there and stay! You won't be sorry you did.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2016

What an amazing way to see Costa Rica! If you are looking for a more authentic and beautiful view of Costa Rica this is the place to go. Skip the fancy resorts. Will and William were wonderful hosts. This was our first trip out of the US and they made us feel so welcome and so helpful with suggestions on places to go, common phrases to learn (very helpful for me as I am self conscious about about my poor Spanish), We drove in from San Jose, getting lost in the city so we were late, called William for more specific directions since we were coming in after dark. They were spot on...they even were waiting to help make sure we made it to the right driveway. They waited dinner for us and it was amazing! Easily the best food we had the whole trip. We had a cabin and a room in the main building. Both were comfortable and clean. The views were absolutely stunning! The tour of the property with Will and William is not to be missed. What is not to like about waterfalls, mud baths and beautiful jungle hiking! I learned so much about the plants on the property..medicinal and edible ones. William helped arrange for local tours also. If you are going white water rafting take his advice and go on the class 3/4. It was awesome! I will definitely return here on my next trip to Costa Rica. We also went to Tamarindo which was fun but not as beautiful as Arenal. I would spend more time at Princessa and exploring the area.

Room Tip: Best views of Arenal Volcano are from the main lodge balcony
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2016

That was an amazing experience! All the property is awesome!
Big thanks to all the staff, special thanks to William for all you have done!
The room was big; diner and breakfast delicious; and the tours was great!
We recommand this place to appreciate Arenal-La Fortuna

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple