$264
$183
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$240
$180
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$169
$92
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$170
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
$97
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$303
$95
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$111
$77
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$115
$86
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
$523
Relais & Châteaux
All reviewsmud bathtour of the propertypineapple houseoff the beaten pathcosta ricadirt roadcommon areas arespring fed poolplants and animalsbeautiful junglenatural springauthentic experiencewaterfall hikepura vidapiece of paradiseamazing propertymain building
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was so disappointed when I arrived at the Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge. It looked clean in the photos but is little more than a shelter in the jungle. It is a 15 minute, $10 taxi ride up a mountain road from La Fortuna and the host, John, has no food or beverages for sale on the property, so basically you're trapped up there with zero amenities.

3 of the 5 lights in my room didn't work and the room was quite dark during the day. There was green algae growing in the pool, two cockroaches in our room, two dogs that are smelly (and I like dogs!) and beg for food and jump on guests. The owner has some nerve charging $100/night for this place! He acts as though he is doing you a favor, like you're staying in his home for free. When we asked what to do if the weather turns bad, he said "I don't know what to suggest." He's a nice guy but I think he's in the wrong business -- too apathetic and completely unprofessional for the hospitality industry. I felt trapped at this awful place and couldn't wait to get away. I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Stay anywhere else if you have the option.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank MoreToSee12
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Halfway november, my girlfriend and I spend some time in Costa Rica. After driving all day, it was already dark, we decided to check if we could get a room in 'princesa de la luna'. We had just seen a sign on the side of the road, we didn't make any phonecall beforehand. The owner was a bit surprised at first, but gave us a very warm welcome. I had to become friends with the dog first, witch isn't easy for someone with a fear of dogs. But I got over it and I even liked the gentle giant.
At the time, we were the only guests, so we had the entire house to ourselves. What a treat!
The place is just stunning and the big room had the biggest bed I ever slept in.
We woke up, in the middle of the jungle with a fantastic view on the volcano, and in great luxury.
We spend 2 nights here and felt like we didn't want to leave anymore. Jonathan, the owner was extremely helpfull and we enjoyed having breakfast together with him. He is not your typical hotel owner and a very nice person to talk with.
We also had a walk in the huge garden and went all the way down to the river at the bottom. It's a bit of an adventure and the paths needed some work at the time, but we felt like we were Indiana Jones.
All together, I would love to go back. It's been 2 months and the fact that I am writing this now means I am still thinking about it. Need to say more?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom V
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at Princesa de la Luna last weekend, I think this is the best place if you want to feel really close to nature. There's nothing better for me than having breakfast in front of the Volcano, listening to the sounds of the jungle. Rooms are confortamble and roustic, and the fact that the hotel is not big, gives the great feeling of comfort and relaxation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I like many others used Trip Adviser to look at this accommodation before booking and am happy to report it lived up to all our expectations we could of easily stayed twice as long.
I would like to thank the staff who made us feel so welcome.
There's so many places to see in the world but we will return one day.

Room Tip: All looked good to us
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days in October. The hotel is exactly like the photos. Nature everywhere. Beautiful view with trees and flowers all around with fresh flowers and fruits from the area and a secluded pool that seems to be part of the forest. The hotel has many levels, was designed and built by the owner, a charming englishmen, who is always nearby to join in conversation or lend a hand to anything that is needed. Very quaint ambiance. The food was excellent, rooms clean, and overall, fantastic. I'm going to try to return here again in 2012.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple