“La Fortuna Treasure!”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Well, again I consulted my favorite travel guru, TripAdvisor (you), for authentic places to eat while in La Fortuna. You guys rock! I am so glad I took your advice and we made our way to this wonderful, home cooking, feel-like-family soda (cafe). Despite our broken (okay...destroyed) Spanish, Mary helped us choose a nice meal. When I mentioned that I found them through TripAdvior, Mary smiled from the heart and her eyes lit up. (Yay you/us!)

In their simple surroundings, they manage to deliver high quality, uber fresh, local food. It was heart-warming to see her, Rosa, and Fani working hard to make and serve our food with so much pride and care, even love. In just a little while, I felt like family, not an American tourist which was repeated many times during our trip to Costa Rica.

We chose the Chicken Casado, Avocado Salad, Black Bean Soup and a Coconut and Pineapple milkshake, all for $14.20. (See individual prices in photos.) Yum...no super YUM!!! After our meal, Mary delivered an unexpected surprise gift: homemade rice pudding. We'd had some meals elsewhere but this was, by far, the most tasty and delicious! If we had more time in La Fortuna, we would've come back to try their other delights. Next time!

Looking at the photos I took of the food to add to this review was a big mistake. Now I'm craving this scrumptious food and realize it's a long trip back to get it again. So, do yourself a favor. If you're anywhere near La Fortuna, visit this fantastic place, say "Hi" to the lovely ladies for me, and be sure to go with an empty stomach and an open heart!

There are newer reviews for Soda Viquez

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I really wish I found this soda earlier in my time in La Fortuna! The service was attentive and friendly, the food was delicious and the portions were sizable.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food here was amazing! If you want the true Costa Rican food go here! It was recommended to us by many people in town.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

e food is so amazingly tasty every time I get a chance that is the first place I got to eat.
Come and you'll see it for youself.
And be ready to eat alot.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We both had chicken casado - it was delicious and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly, attentive and spoke good English. Great experience!