“See the Tipico section of the menu!”
Review of Soda Viquez

Soda Viquez
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

If you want to enjoy authentic, local cuisine, check out the 'tipico' section of the menu. The tipico options include the typical side dishes (a combination of some or all the following - beans, rice, guac, chips, side salad, beet/potato salad) along with your choice of chicken, fish, steak or vegetarian option. It's a LOT of food for the price!

Our kids, 5 and 11 years old enjoyed most of the sides. We wanted them to experience local cuisine. We know now, they could have shared one plate.

For kids, we were told the most popular drink is a smooth, thick banana-coconut 'shake' topped with nutmeg. It was tasty. :)

Service was very good, even though they were busy serving large groups.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Awesome "typical" Costa Rican meal. Staff super friendly and responsive. Have the sea bass! Just a few miles from Arenal. Plenty of choices in La Fortuna, can't go wrong choosing this place, and very affordable, great food. And, unlike many of the CR "sodas" these guys sell beer (and it's pretty reasonably priced, $2 or so).

2  Thank Dgmel
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I went here as the last restaurant following a one month trip round Costa Rica. I was running short of money by this stage so this place was a real find and the food was real value for money! I think I spent the equivalent of £3 for burger, chips, garlic bread and some form of Costa Rican drink.

Now, the burger was literally the best I have ever had. So many flavours, cooked really well and in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. It was an absolute joy - I tried to come back the day after but had to catch my bus back to the airport - I was truly gutted as it means I will never be able to have that burger again!

The staff were wonderfully pleasant and served up the food quickly, the decor was typically Costa Rican - simple yet effective, and overall it was a fantastic meal that a year later still stays firmly in my mind.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Been in Costa Rica for 2 days now and Soda Visquez has been my favorite spot so far. The food was amazing, great price, very very clean and the staff was top notch. Thank you so much! Ill be back tomorrow!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Varied. Lots of vegetables. Good taste. Cheap. Small dessert included. The place is full every evening.