“One word "unforgettable"”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This local spot has not only a quaint feel but the service here is simply amazing. Rosa was our server and she called us by our first names and made sure that our eating costa rica tipical food experience was memorable. The food was delicious, the batidos de papaya and coco were the best my wife and I had, and again te service was well worth our 40% tip (the food cost is low so it all came out to like $25 for two people and 4 drinks). This place is a must in La Fortuna.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Above all - the service is amazing - the lady (owner) of the place is energetic and smiling, very kind and welcoming. I returned to this place and she remembered my name, thanking me for coming back.
I had the local traditional vegetarian Casado and the rice with vegetable dish - both were really good. They sometimes give a free rice with milk dessert. The fruit juice are great!
Nothing here is fancy, and the menu is not special - this is a yet another proof that if you do what you are best at - the result is enjoyable. It is simply a great place to eat at!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed several delicious meals at this restaurant. We had the casado de bistec and casado de pescado. Highly recommended! The staff don't speak english so you'll need to be patient with ordering but well worth it :)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stopped here for lunch during a private tour that my husband and I were on and I am so glad we did! We had the lunch buffet, which was typical Costa Rican food and it was absolutely delicious and one of the best meals we had while visiting Costa Rica!! I am a true believer in experiencing local culture and trying new foods and I am so glad our tour guide took us to this restaurant. We had yuca, plaintains, fresh pineapple juice and guanabana juice (prickle fruit), rice and beans, and pollo and they even gave us dessert of rice pudding - all of it was delicious! The owner is extremely nice and proud of her food, and she should be!!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

There is nothing fancy about this joint, but if you're interested in trying some of the typical fare while in La Fortuna, this place was great for the price. It was less than $10/pp and we had a couple of cervezas with our meal. The owner is very nice and very proud of her restaurant, which made the experience even better.