“Great Casado!”
Review of Soda Viquez

Soda Viquez
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
“Great Casado!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went for dinner based on a recommendation and was not disappointed. The fish casado was excellent and unlike some of the other restaurants we went to, the service was great. The prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend!

Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
“worth a visit”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Pretty typical Costa Rican food at good prices. Seems pretty busy with lots of happy customers. Service was friendly and a little slow - but then if you're on vacation, what's the rush? The food itself was good, but not outstanding. We thought it was a good solid choice for a meal.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stopped here during my stay in La Fortuna based on TA reviews and I was not disappointed. When I arrived I grabbed a seat and a gentleman immediately came and gave me a menu. He also asked me my name. A few minutes later a nice young lady came and took my order. She didn't speak English but I was able to communicate with my little knowledge of Spanish. I ordered a pineapple juice and spicy chicken. Both were excellent. The chicken came with a sauce that had small pieces of jalepenos. It also came with rice,vegetables, salad and mashed potatoes.

The only thing that was slow was the check. I think it's Costa Rican culture not to rush customers which jeans you'll need to ask for the check multiple times. When I left the gentleman called me by name and asked me to come again. Which I will when I am back in town. Oh and the food prices are very reasonable.

Hayward, Wisconsin
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Without a doubt,this is a "no frills" restaurant which was recommended by our hotel desk clerk. Even from the street, you see a place to get a lot of food, fairly quickly in an almost frantic pace. The menu, written in Spanish, is not extensive, but quite adequate. The waitresses speak limited English, so you have to be patient. Luckily, I had someone who speaks Spanish with me. We ate there twice. One evening I ordered a "hearts of palm" salad, and a casado with fish. The salad was disappointing, but the casado which I sampled was great. Next evening, I ordered garlic sea bass and another casado with fish. The casado plate includes fresh bread, salad/slaw, rice and beans and desert. The inexpensive casado plate (about $7.00) was the real draw. Don't expect to linger, not that you would want to, but you'll have a tasty meal at bargain prices.

Squamish, Canada
“The best soda in Costa Rica”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Big and Good plate typical food! The owner is so nice and the food is really tasty and fresh. Don't miss.

Visited January 2013