“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Gilbert, Arizona
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our driver told us about Nene's so we visited for lunch. It was great food, cheap prices and great service. My husband said it was the best burger he had in Costa Rica (and he had a LOT of burgers).

“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was located in a somewhat quiet part of La Fortuna but not too far away from the main street. The food was amazing, I had chicken with a Portuguese sauce which I thought was alright but after stealing a few bites from my sister's seafood rice, I went to heaven. The food is fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. There are a variety of dishes from cultural backgrounds other than the traditional Costa Rican dishes, which really allows you to switch things up and try their take on other cultures' dishes. My other sister had pesto pasta, which had a twist to it, and not a bad twist either. The service was also excellent, our waiter could speak bilingually and he was very, very polite. The restaurant is very clean and has a relaxing setting for you to enjoy a nice meal. Visit Nene's if you're in the area!

“Best ceviche anywhere!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

On a recent trip to Central and South America, my husband and I went to La Fortuna do do some shopping. The weather was very hot and humid. Nene's Restaurant had been recommended to us - especially the ceviche. So we went for a nice cold cerveza to help cool off and decided to have a snack. My husband had the soup and declared it delicious (I know - who eats soup on a sweltering hot day?). I had the ceviche. It was amazing! I just kept saying "This is the best ceviche I have ever eaten!" Honestly, I nearly licked the dish. Just sorry we weren't able to go back for a full meal. Service with a smile. It was a fun place. I hope to go back some day.

Los Angeles
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

If you go to La Fortuna you must eat at this restaurant. It is your typical Costa Rican restaurant with really good Costa Rican food. The service is great and the waiters are amazing.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome local place”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recommended by our taxi driver, we went here while visiting la fortuna and we were so glad we found it! As others have said, the ceviche is amazing and my wife and I had the jalapeño steak and the seafood rice. Everything was delicious and very reasonably priced. We got the ceviche, steak, mixed seafood rice (which had crab, fish, shrimp and clams) and 4 half pitchers of imperial (costa rican beer) for 41 USD. Anyone in la fortuna should try and make it there you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014