“Great Value, Amazing Staff”
Review of Nene's Restaurant

Nene's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Value, Amazing Staff”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As we were driving to this location I was not sure where we were going as it is down a back street. We arrived and it was a lovely little place, parking for about 6 cars ! My 11 year old daughter commented on the rose that was made from the carrot as she had not seen that before. The waiter said in broken English "come with me". He took her into the kitchen and she was gone for almost half an hour ! She came back and had met all the kitchen staff and watched them make the food as well as made her own carrot flower. This is just something that would never happen in the U.S. Just a wonderful evening of food and laughs about our day. Highly suggest a visit.

Visited June 2013

Alexandria, Va
“Best ceviche!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lovely out of the way place with a great bar and the BEST ceviche!
Luis and Henri were very friendly and ambiance was great here.

Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great presentation and service”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Don't be afraid of this place being in an alley, it's a nice restaurant. This place was really good, but not as good as Don Rufino's. If you're in La Fortuna for 2 nights, hit them both up. My wife had the Shrimp with garlic...it was an ample portion that came on a skewer and then they lit the plate on fire. Nice presentation. I had the Filet mingon which was also tasty and well prepared with a smattering of potatoes and vegetables. We had the Tres Leche for desert, which was meh. Service was fantastic.

• Visited May 2013
Chandler, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View, Delicious Fish!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

At the recommendation of our hotel, we went for lunch one day. It's a little hard to find while driving (and the suddenly one-way street and us going the wrong way didn't help things!), we parked in the general area and did see signs that lead us right there. The view of the Arenal volcano is great, especially if you choose a table right in the front of the restaurant on the "patio." The service was a little slow throughout the meal, but the food was delicious. We started with the ceviche, which was highly-recommended, and rightly so. It might have been the best ceviche we had in Costa Rica. I had a butter-garlic sea bass, and my husband had the special, a whole steamed tilapia that came out in a flaming foil pouch! The tilapia was absolutely fantastic, my husband highly recommends it. I also has the tres leches cake, which might have been our best of Costa Rica as well! Loved it!

• Visited May 2013
baton rouge
“Good lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went for a lunch after walking the hanging bridges. At out table we had the ceviche, the club and the Nene sandwich (bacon, egg, cheese) . The food came out in ample time and the service was excellent. I had read the reviews about the ceviche and went specifically for that. It was awesome. All the locals in the restaraunt were also eating the ceviche so it is obviously a good choice. The sandwiches came with fries and were pretty good. We ate outside and I didn't use the facilities so I don't know what the inside of the restaraunt looked like. I would go back.

• Visited June 2013