“Recommended gem”

Lava Lounge Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughter and I had different pasta dishes and they were delicious. They came with home made bread which was fresh and tasty. The chef clearly is talented.
My only issue was a surly waitress who appeared annoyed at me for asking for some cold milk with my tea. She went away and served 2 other tables. I had to ask her again and by the time it came my tea was cold. The Male waiter was much more friendly and approachable.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,346)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is great for a casual hangout for drinks and lunch. They donate a lot to animal rescue so that's a great plus too. I had the pasta with salmon and garlic and it was excellent. Lots of dogs wandering about too - I saw a girl give a dog half her burrito here and it made my day and the dog's too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 Adults - 3 teens. All enjoyed their food and the service was good, I think the waiter was called Emanuel and he was very attentive. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here during a recent visit to Costa Rica. The ceviche was amazing! Had a chance to meet the owner who happens to be American and was very friendly. There are quite a few places to eat in downtown Fortuna but if you get the chance you must stop in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to lava lounge for dinner on a week night and drinks on a weekend and both times enjoyed the atmosphere. We loved seeing dogs and cats running around and the servers were nice. In the evening, it had a fun party vibe that was upbeat but not overwhelming. We would go back.

Date of visit: August 2019