“Tourist trap”

Lava Lounge Bar & Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have no idea why this place gets great reviews and is recommended when you do google searches. We ate there one night and the food was terrible. The beef tenderloin was so hard to chew and not edible. The pork chop was dried out and only the sautéed onions made it edible. It looks cool when you walk by so have a drink and eat dinner somewhere else.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,878)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Sure, it's a bit on the tourist-y side, but we were tourists. The food was delicious and so were the drinks. I loved that random dogs came off the street looking for bits of dropped food. The drinks were strong and delicious. It was a bit pricey, but perfect for our last night in La Fortuna.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was a fun place to hang out in La Fortuna, but frequented by tourists (I was one of them so no complaints!). The drinks the were good!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I can't even describe the pizza but it was fresh and full of flavour. A little greasy but well welcomed into my mouth after a couple weeks of rice and beans :) Great atmosphere and staff too. I went twice in a 3 day trip!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

After a day of hiking around Arenal Volcano we were very hungry and we arrived at Lava Lounge. I had the tacos for dinner and my girlfriend ate the chicken wrap. They were tasty and after eating we were full. In my opinion good value for money...