“gluten free review”

Denver, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gluten free review”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff here was very helpful with trying to accommodate my gluten allergy. The waiter spoke with the cook about it and I had the arroz con pollo. The food was pretty good but I did still get a little bit sick, probably cross contamination. I would still recommend it though and appreciated the staff's help! The place is cute and has good atmosphere.

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really solid place”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We tried out several places in town (at my insistence), even though this was our first and great. To me, when you're in a new town, you want to experience new things, including food, etc. Granted, most food here is very Americano. Yet, still good, decent prices, and great atmosphere and service. After some other haphazard meals from elsewhere, actually wished we had eaten here just a little more!

• Visited December 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice chilled atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is one of the few bars we found open in La Fortuna. We enjoyed the live music/chilled reggae and ended up ordering from their limited menu on our first night. Both the quesadillas and Buffalo wings were delicious. Big portions.

Houston, Texas
“A nice fresh-air bar and grill with some atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I would say the Lava Lounge Bar and Grill is one of the better places to eat in La Fortuna. It's dubbed a bar, but during the day it's more like a restaurant with a relaxed and laid back atmosophere. My family and I ate here one lunchtime and had some really tasty food for a good price. The best part was when Volvan Arenal showed its face halfway through the meal. I would recommend this place to anyone, young or old, but make sure you bring cash with you - they don't take credit cards!

Visited January 2013
michigan
“Laid back feel”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fun and lively place. Liked the volcano videos they were showing on the TV. Food was just OK. Very limited menu. I had a Chicken Wrap. Was enough for two meals.