“Best Grouper I've ever had!”
Review of Don Rufino

Don Rufino
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Rufino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were hoping to eat at Benedictus......but the rain washed out the road during storms and none of the cabs would attempt the drive. LUCKY US! Don Ruffinos's experienced the same power outage that the rest of the town did (entire town of Fortuna went dark) but these employees were on the ball! They didn't wait to see how quickly the power might come back on----they quickly lit candles and kept cooking & serving with the help of cellphone lights and a gas grill! Our grouper was the freshest, best prepared fish I've had in a lonnnng time! GREAT JOB---Thanks Don Rufino's!!

1  Thank Jeanann J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This restaurant is a bit on the fine-dining spectrum but not to be missed! Treat yourself to a nice dinner and some wine. Great food and drinks with phenomenal service. The marlin ceviche is to die for! I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I checked out Don Rufino's based on reviews and a few tour books. It was definitely the busiest place in town (which made us feel bad for the other restaurants around). The service was friendly and prompt, and the food was great. We enjoyed the Tuna Tartar and while I indulged in the Tilapia Risotto, my husband had one of the specials. I would love to say that something stood out and blew us away, but nothing did really. Simply a good experience and good food at a decent price.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to Don Rufino's based on reviews we read online. The food was excellent. Get the Ceviche! The shrimp pasta was incredible but you better love spicy food! Again, Get The Ceviche! Some reviews said it was the most expensive and maybe so but I still think for the atmosphere and quality of food it was very reasonable!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Don Rufino's was recommended to us multiple times, by our tour guide and the front desk of the hotel we stayed at. The frotn desk called and made a reservation for us and the table was set and waiting when we got there. When we arrived we were pleasently surprised by the place. It has the feel of a nice American restaurant and a menu to match. Being in Costa Rica, I tried to eat typical food and ordered the Casado with chicken. It was delicious. My husband ordered Shrimp risotto and raved about it as well. They had American baseball games on all of the tvs and it was hard to feel as if we were even in another country. The servers were speedy and very accomdadating. It was a great dinner experience and would recommend it to anyone ever visiting La Fortuna.