“A good enough dinner”
Review of Don Rufino

Don Rufino
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Rufino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I ordered the gazpacho and had 'grandma's' chicken which was cooked in a rather fun way. The waiter comes out and cuts open the banana leaves and there is your chicken! The vegetable side was kind of measly, however. My dad had a pasta dish with veggies and fresh mozzarella, and he very much enjoyed it. He called it the best meal. My mom, who I will say has a sensitive GI system, got sick off of the gazpacho, but I ate it too and was okay.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is probably the nicest restaurant in Fortuna and with it comes the highest prices, but the food is delicious and service is great too.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great food, great service. After spending the last few minutes of my vacation writing about the terrible service and medicore food at Benidictus Restaurant in town I won't take time to elaborate. However, if we had a plaace like this in my home town, we would be eating there at least once a week!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We took a trip to Rio Celeste and the Arenal area. Our meal at this restaurant was the best of our trip. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their food. The service was perfect. Efficient, suggestive, but not pushy. Another reviewer wrote pricy and tourist trap. I didn't feel that way. I felt a restaurant that really cares about the food it is servicing. For good food, you have to pay for it.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We wandered around La Fortuna on a Friday night, looking for something special. The corner location of Don Rufino was appealing and the bar was almost empty. Being thirsty, we strolled in for a drink [or two]. We found seats at a portion of the bar where we could watch the world go by, and in La Fortuna, there's a lot of that going on. Being comfortable, we decided to ask for the dinner menu. I saw a Crab and Lobster Risotto that caught my eye and decided to order it. I can honestly say, after 3 years of eating in the very best restaurants that Costa Rica has to offer, this was the best meal I have ever had in this country. The presentation and subtle combination of flavors was simply outstanding. My girlfriend and I were blown away. We came in expecting to have a drink and found one of the great Costa Rican restaurants. We were so impressed that we went back into the kitchen and personally thanked the chef, a woman. If you are in this town, go there!