“Nice time at Don Rufino”
Review of Don Rufino

Don Rufino
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Rufino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Everyone mentioned Don Rufino's as the place to go in La Fortuna for dinner so we did so our first night in town. It was good with fine service and an enjoyable atmosphere. However we thought it was a bit over priced(and we live in NYC!) and that it didn't really live up to the hype. Great place but not overly special.

There are newer reviews for Don Rufino

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our taxi driver recommended this restaurant. My meal was just ok but my husband loved his so we are going with a four. The ambiance was great and service was on par with the rest of CR.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first night in CR, with luggage in tow and totally exhausted, we visited Don Rufino upon the recommendation of a booking agent. It was FANTASTIC. The house salad blew me away. The recommended grouper was the best fish dish I've had in years. My husband's meat was great, though not to his milder tastes, and was served with excellent sides. We were advised well on wine, served cheerfully and thoroughly pleased with the experience.

Upon a return to La Fortuna at the end of our tip we returned to Don Rufino for my birthday dinner. Although the dishes we chose were not what we anticipated with American palates, the food was fresh, well presented and nice to enjoy. We again experienced excellent service, and at least one of the servers observed remembering us from our previous visit. We hadn't made a reservation but they made sure to find us a table. We can't more strongly recommend the fantastic menu and service.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I were in La Fortuna and ate dinner at Don Rufino's on Tuesday February 26th. I ordered a traditional Costa Rican dish, chicken in barbecue sauce baked in a banana leaf, yum and my husband had a seafood dish, both delicious! All the restaurants that my husband and I ate at in Costa Rica were open air, which means no air-conditioning, but coming from Wisconsin we soaked up as much warm air as we could while we were in Costa Rica.
Wait staff was good, prices were on the high side, but we found that to be true of all restaurants except the ones for the locals.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A great meal, good salad, delicious mushroom lasagna and the special house steak. Service was very good and prompt on a busy evening. We, too, did not have reservations but were directed to a table with a reservation sign...which was quickly removed when we sat down.