“Excellent and way above local level”
Review of Don Rufino

Don Rufino
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Rufino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Expensive and very good at everything. Tasty and special, served perfectly, well-trained people, what you will find in best american places, but with special flavor.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

expensive and not very good. ordered porterhouise steak medium and when it came it was very thin ,dry and well done . was terrible but did not say anything as i ate what i could and will never go back again

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Really tasty food with great presentation which created a sense of a special occasion! Loved my starter of cerviche. A brilliant day following on from a morning at EcoGlide!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked in here for new years eve. Its popular and the earliest booking we could get that night was 9.30pm, which was fine by us as we weren't planning an early night. We went a bit early and sat at the bar for a drink.
They have an extensive menu and I tried a traditional chicken dish that was recommended - "Grandma's Chicken". It was superb, I think I would go as far as to say its the best chicken I've eaten anywhere. On top of the good food the service was top notch as well. Even though the place was packed we didn't have to wait for anything, the staff were very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I ate dinner at this place on a Saturday night, and I was able to get a table with no problem without a reservation. I had the Filet Mignon which was good, and my girlfriend had a shrimp risotto with she liked. We both thought this place was good all around, but neither of us felt it was excellent. I would recommend this place if you are in La Fortuna, iTMS one of the better choices in town.