“Satisfying meal”
Review of Don Rufino

Don Rufino
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Rufino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary, International, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Our cuisine features a contemporary concept, influenced by the classic European cuisine, Asia and Latin America, from an eloquent and modern perspective. Our steaks are locally produced, with very high farming standards; and our seafood and fish dishes are amongst the preferred by our guests, for whom our menu also offers many vegetarian options, made with ingredients which, in most cases, are harvested in our own farm, pesticide-free.
“Satisfying meal”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last week with my mother. The prices were high. The restaurant was clean, lots of customers, and friendly staff. I ordered one of the cheapest items on the menu and it was yummy- the pork sandwich with veggies on it!

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Really tasty food... amazin presentation!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just came back from being there and we LOVE IT!

Mu husband and I are "tuna tartare lovers" so every where we go, we order it to see wich one we liked most... WE LOVE THE WAY the serve it and present it!...

Everything was perfect!

The only thing the keep me from giving 5 stars is that they lack from Air conditioner. We would have stay there longer, or come back again for dining if it wasnt less hot. We have to leave on a hurry as my baby girl was so hot and uncofortable... maybe adding a smaller space with AC (even charging an extra fee for that use) I think many of us will be more than willing to pay extra for..!!

• Visited June 2012
“Decent, a bit overpriced”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

As a pescatarian, my boyfriend and I ordered a salad to start and the grilled seafood platter to share-both pretty light eaters. The salad came out covered in bacon bits and prosciutto- I couldn't eat any and they pretended they didn't understand when I explained To them that the menu didn't say that the salad had meat on it. the seafood platter was good, perfect for the two of us. Drinks were ok, mixed consistently with a jigger every time. Atmosphere was alright. It was our last night in costa so we thought we would splurge, I would have been just as happy If not happier at a local soda for $30 instead of $100.

Seattle, Washington
“Good pastas at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our family of four all opted for pasta dishes for dinner and they were all very good - in particular the vegetable lasagna was excellent. We were worried this would be average food at tourist prices but were nicely surprised. Service was very good too.

• Visited June 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
“Our first "fancy" meal in Costa Rica”
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We went here for lunch in March of 2011. We ordered the ceviche as an appetizer which was a white fish, very simple ceviche that was really delicious. I ordered a chicken dish -- I believe it was called Abuela's chicken. I was not in love with it. My husband ordered a pasta dish that was full of fresh veggies, local cheese, the pasta was cooked al dente and it was beautiful presentation -wise. The prices are comparable to dining at your better hotel in the area. The dining is open-air -- like all??? Or at least most eateries in the area. On especially buggy nights, do not forget to spray yourself with insect repellent before venturing out for dinner in Costa Rica.