“A regular meal stop when in Arenal”
Review of La Choza de Laurel

La Choza de Laurel
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer typical Costa Rican Food with an extraordinary customer service. But our menu offer other options like pasta, fast food, salads, exotic desserts and many more.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A 'typico' place, food is excellent, we eat here at least once when we are in La Fortuna/Arenal. I had a spaghetti dish last time, this time a ham/egg/mushroom rice dish. Good batidos, not overly expensive, picnic table open air atmosphere. Very relaxing. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A great choice for a meal in La Fortuna. Its a bit of a tourist favorite but honestly, the food is good and worth it. They have a lot of traditional meals and we would recommend the La Choza plate. Fresh juices as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food was good. My partner had the daily special--a local stew with lots of delicious veggies and beef. I had a small meal with panatones (?), guacamole, pico de gallo, and retried beans, also delicious. That plus a beer and ice tea and we paid under $20.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for us. It is the best Costa Rica food we had in la Fortuna. However, compared to the local food that we had previous day in San Jose (in el central mercado). It just does not have equally good value. The setting of the restaurant is nice. The presentation of the food was also good. We would go back again if we were to visit La Fortuna one more time.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The dinner that I shared with my family at la Choza was very large the plates were really full with rice beans and the works.we were ver hungry having just returned from the volcano hike so we felt we had made a good choice
The presentations were spectacular my shrimp rice came with a crab adornment cooked to perfection and seated atop the artistically arranged shrimp
The families were very loud in the restaurant and that was one downside to our dining experience
The desserts were really unique in this restaurant
I ordered melocoton which is Spanish for peaches with ice cream the dish was sheer creamy perfection and really felt like a special one time treat for me because I don't usually eat dessert