“Meh....”

La Choza de Laurel
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer typical Costa Rican Food with an extraordinary customer service. But our menu offer other options like pasta, fast food, salads, exotic desserts and many more.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I know that this is one of the most popular places for "authentic" Costa Rican cuisine, but it was just ok. The service is not great: we waited what seemed like forever to get our check, even after asking for it.

I am a vegetarian and throughout our whole trip, did not have any problems finding food. This place seemed to have the least options for me. I wound up eating fried plantains and fried yucca..not the most healthy. My partner had some kind of fish dish that seemed to like and our friend had the volcano rice, which I don't think she was very impressed with, although it looked kind of cool when they served it.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The food was OK and the portions were good but this was a tourist resturant. The busses came in after were got there. We were looking for another place and couldn't find it so we stopped here. Average experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Came to this place looking for excellent typical food. I was told by the front desk of my hotel that this was the place to go.

It consider myself well schooled in latin cuisine. I must say that I was very disappointed . I tought the food was bland and most of all OVER PRICED. Other than that don't have anything bad to say. I would rather eat somewhere else with great food and execellent prices. Ask the locals, it always work like a charm.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The waitstaff wear traditional dress and were very friendly and hospitable, and the food was affordable and decent. They also have a little spot on the side where you can take pictures as if you are wearing traditional dress as well, really cute!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Cool local spot in downtown La Fortuna. Great food and good service!
We got the rice dishes and the potions were large! I strongly recommend getting the piña colada! It was the best I've had!
The banana split is also great. Food presentation here is really well done as well! I would def stop here for lunch or dinner! Good for families and groups as well.