“Great option for those looking for less crowded experience”

Ecotermales Fortuna
Book In Advance
More Info
$152.00*
and up
Combination Tour with Hanging Bridges Waterfall Volcano Hike and Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: The family owned and operated natural hot springs, which allow only a limited number of guests each day, provide a private, relaxing oasis during your vacation.There are five pools, one with a cascading waterfall, which reach up to 108 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no better way to unwind after a long day than by visiting the hot springs and treating your body to its naturally replenishing effects. When taking a break from the soothing hot springs, you can dine in the authentic, home-style Costa Rican restaurant.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I admit, I was on the fence about this one. I originally contacted our hotel asking to book Tabacon hot springs and was offered this as a less expensive, less crowded experience since the number of guests are limited by reservations. At our hotels suggestion, I waited until we arrived to book and we almost didn't get to go, because all the nights were already booked up except for our last night in Arenal area! So you may want to book this in advance. We had thought since it was off season it would be no problem. The cost was $34 per person for entry to springs (receive access to locker and changing rooms/facilities) and then we chose the additional $17 per person option of dinner.
We were traveling with another couple and our 11 yr old son, and we enjoyed our experience very much. The bartenders could stand to be a bit more friendly (very grumpy and stand offish) but I must say the cocktail drinks were absolutely delicious and made the right way! (this was a nice change) At dinner you got your choice of meat and we all chose something different. I got the fish and was extremely happy with my choice (tilapia) with rice and beans, and the BEST salad I had on the entire trip. It was amazing--full of avocado and hearts of palm. The meat came out in a bowl for each individual, but the sides were served family style so you could ask for more.
Three to four hours (with dinner and drinks) is plenty of time. Very relaxing to soothe a body after a strenuous hike. While on our visit I asked other travelers and heard positive feedback on Tabacon also (but more expensive) so I would probably try that one next time just to have tried both. But I don't think you'll be disappointed either way!

1  Thank rockmama12052
There are newer reviews for Ecotermales Fortuna

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ecotermales was lovely. We practically had the whole place to ourselves. We have younger children (ages 8, 4, and infant). We didn't miss having more pools, waterslides, or a spa. In fact, my husband was resistant to book anything that billed itself as a spa. The size was just right, and the staff was kind and helpful. I would have preferred warm showers at the end. The cold ones were a hard sell with kids who had spent the last couple hours in a warm bath. I've read several reviews about reasonable drink prices, so I was surprised when 4 soft drinks came to $12. Three dollars for a coke seems like tourist pricing to me. I can only imagine what other places must be charging.

2  Thank valariejo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived at 430 with NO reservations and were let in early with no problems. The grounds were all ours for 30 minutes just what you need after a long day of hiking. We chose to get the dinner YOU MUST DO THIS, the meal was so good! The grounds are well kept and we hated to leave. There were so younger kids there that took away from the experience we were playing the game of "get away from the kids" but with multiple pools that was not hard. Hope to return some day

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Dinner and hot springs dipping at the Ecotermales Hot Springs in La Fortuna was a fabulous end to a very busy day.
The spring’s pools of steamy water are just what the body needs after a long day of trekking. The drinks were very good (pina coladas, daiquiris and various others). One could alternate hot springs with the cold waterfall for a very invigorating experience.
Dinner was a very good mix of fish, vegetarian, vegetables and salads. Portions though, (the only negative), could have been a bit more but very good indeed.
Facilities at Ecotermales, bathrooms/showers/lockers are very well maintained and clean. The pools and paths are well lighted and reflect a very idyllic ambience.
I recommend a trip here if you are visiting this area.

1  Thank Travelbabe
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our hotel suggested getting a dinner and hot springs deal with Baldi Hot Springs for $38, but I really wanted to try Ecotermales after seeing all of the TripAdvisor reviews. After I made an online reservation, Jorge from Operations and Reservations at Ecotermales emailed to offer his help with planning and recommendations in La Fortuna. I had no idea this was included, but I gave it a shot since I needed help trying to fit Ecoglide, Venado Caves, and hot springs in the same day. His help was invaluable. A Venado Cave tour is difficult to book online unless you want to go with one or two prominent companies at relatively inflexible times, but Jorge made the calls for us and got everything set up. And all of this was done even AFTER I canceled our first Ecotermales reservation because of the rain. Jorge seemed to be available almost 24/7 by email -- he was replying at 10pm at night to our questions! He was also very warm and personable and genuinely seemed happy to help. My friend considered going to Baldi because it offered a better deal, but I felt that we had to at least go to Ecotermales after we'd gotten so much help from Jorge.

The facilities were excellent. It was quiet and serene, the springs were beautiful and had different temperatures so we could go as hot as we'd like and dip under a cold waterfall if we wanted to as well. There are trails to explore as well, but I wasn't up for that at night without insect repellent on hand. Bar was on an honor system, and they can help you call for a taxi afterwards if you ask, too. The springs were great, but the customer service really sealed the deal for me. Price without dinner is $34 and price with dinner was $51. We chose to eat dinner beforehand.

3  Thank Nancy T