“Fast and high!”

Tours to Go Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer all the tours in La Fortuna and the surroundings to the best price possible.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fast and high!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Very high and some very long lines! Fast and fun guides! They allow you to keep your stuff in a locked locker for free! Everyone was nice and I even got to ride one if the lines "superman style" (like your flying) with a guide!

Visited July 2013

NJ
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great day! Safe for kids! Hot springs a bonus!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a 10:30 tour booked in July for two adults and two sons (ages 9 and 12). The day before we booked in person and payed cash and our total was $160, which I thought was a great price considering that it was 12 ziplines, plus use of the Los Lagos resort for the rest of the day. We were in a group of 13, which included 4 kids. Our guides were Antonio (who demonstrated tips and safety guidelines), William, Cesar, and Luis -- all were excellent and we always felt safe. The first ten lines were over/through trees, while the last two go over the Los Lagos resort. Twice, my youngest son got 'stuck' and didn't finish the line -- once a guide came out to get him and the other time, he just turned around and guided himself to the platform. He was never scared, because he'd been told in advance that it was a possibility (since he's not too big). Maybe this isn't the highest/fastest/longest canopy tour out there -- but for us, it was fantastic! According to the website: The canopy route consists of 12 cables and 13 platforms, covering a full distance of 2.8 kilometers (1.7 miles). The cables' lengths vary from 50 meters to 500 meters, with different heights and speeds.

We went into town for lunch then came back and changed into swimsuits for an afternoon at the pools and hotsprings of the resort. The kids loved it, but I was glad that we were only there for a day and wouldn't be staying overnight in the rooms. It was very nice (and clean), just a little too much music and people for me. We walked around but by the time we got to the butterfly house and ant farm, they were closed (my fault, I didn't read the times). We did see the crocodiles and frogs, which was nice -- and the gardens were lovely. We drove up to the lookout point, which gave us a closer look at the cloudy volcano. Don't turn around, even though the road isn't marked. The 'hot' and 'cold' slides were nice and used many times by my kids (and others), plus jumping off the the bridge that crossed the cool pool. It looked like each of the small hot springs had a cool pool next to it. We wouldn't have wound up at Baldi, Tabacon, etc -- but were happy with the hot springs that we experienced at Los Lagos.

We chose Los Canones Canopy Tour because it was kid-friendly, well-priced, and allowed us the use of the resort pools/hot springs, allowing us to 'kill two birds with one stone'. I was very happy with our choice and would recommend it to other families.

Visited July 2013
Forest Hills, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lots of scary fun”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As I was staying at Los Logos resort and my husband had no intention of zip lining , I chose this one. Having zip lined before in Alaska, I thought this would be no big deal. It was a big deal! Alaska was like preschool compared to this one. Very dramatic views and an unforgettable experience. We had 4 guides for the 7 of us on this tour. I would advise asking for the second harness if you have qualms. It makes a big difference! On the third of 12 cables, I didn't make it across and so one of the guides added the second cable. After that I felt way more confident. Also, because it looked like a rainstorm was imminent, we were rushed to finish. Unfortunately, during rainy season this happens a lot. Also, those of you who are a bit older ( I'm in my fifties), don't let that stop you as people of all ages can do this!

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fun Zip Lining”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

12 cables running through the jungle. Friendly guides who make the adventure fun. Definitely a must do! Afterward, you can swim in their pools/hot springs and go down their death slide. Makes for a fun day!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“So fun!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My teen son and I had a blast on this zipline-- nearly two miles through the rainforest and then back to the Los Lagos hot spring resort. I can't imagine a more beautiful experience than gliding through the rainforest that way. It was stunning. I am severely afraid of heights but I was totally comfortable and confident with the friendly competent staff and was surprised at how much fun and how little fear I felt. My son had a blast (and was very proud of me for doing it). Very good mother-son bonding, on top of everything else.

Visited May 2013