The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family spent 3 nights during Christmas. Although the hotel was at maximum occupancy, the service was amazing.
Carolina and Hermann went out of their way for us.
The Master Suite was AWESOME!
The hot springs and pools were terrific but too hot to swim laps in.

Room Tip: master suite if you can!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Although the suites kind of look like they were decorated in 70s drug lord, they are spacious and very nicely appointed. The staff were truly terrific and all spoke English. The only down side was the quality of the food in the restaurant - very expensive and not very appetizing (eat in town at Anchio or other) - thermal pools are great and the view of Arenal Volcano (when clear) are wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful setting and is a beautiful hotel. The surroundings are peaceful, romantic, and accessible, but not close enough to be bothersome. But I save my highest accolades for the staff. From top to bottom, they were happy to see us, happy to take care of any need, and always trying to make sure we were liking the trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are poolside or pool view. Some are in front of a waterfall which makes it peaceful. Only...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Good hotel in a good location with great views of Arenal volcano. The grounds, whilst not huge, are nicely landscaped with various thermal pools, I would say that some of the smaller spa tubs were in need of some repair/maintenance which depleted the impact of the place. The food was OK, we had a Xmas buffet meal there which was average, after that we made a conscious effort to eat out in town for other dinners where there was much more atmosphere and the food was better. It's a good hotel, comfortable though not huge rooms (we had 2 x put-up beds for the kids in our room) and the Lava bar at the top with the view is a nice addition.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

the hotel was very beautiful. the room was large and clean. the best part by far was the hot spring pools that even had chaise lounges built into them. the staff was very helpful in arranging day trips and dinner reservations. the only down side was that the food wasn't amazing (but thats pretty typical in costa rica).

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I loved Hotel Royal Corin.
When we first arrived we thought the decor was too much like it was trying to be a luxury hotel, but we were greeted by the friendliest staff and quickly forgot about judging the decor.
We had a standard room which was a perfect size- although the bathrooms were tiny and not too functional. We had an unbelievable view of the volcano too! That is a huge plus about the hotel- all rooms have an outstanding view. We were soon grossed out because there were soooo many bugs crawling around the tv stand. I've never seen so many. The maid came and cleaned it immediately and sprayed and we didn't see another bug the rest of the trip in our room. I will say the room and hotel definitely needed updates as it was pretty run down however it is very very clean To me, I would rather have a clean run down hotel than a dirty up to date modern one.
We had daily breakfast buffet included and it was great. I loved that it had a lot of local typical Costa Rican food delicious!!!
The grounds of the hotel are fabulous. There are wonderful hot springs, a swim up,bar, saunas, and iguanas on the grounds. My only complaint is not enough lounge chairs.
The hotel has fabulous cocktails. We had daily piña coladas and mojitos, the piña coladas were the best I have yet to try!
Overall we had a great experience at this hotel, we loved the staff, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had booked our vacation though Anywhere Costa Rica, so we were really relying on them and they did not disappoint with the Royal Corin! When we walked into our room - a suite, our jaws dropped as both the room and the view of the volcano were magnificent. Our room was incredibly clean, had a huge king sized bed, a large shower with multiple shower heads and setting and a 2 person jacuzzis tub with a TV.

When I checked in, I enquirer about the spa, and shortly after I got to our room, I had a call from the spa welcoming me to the resort and letting me know what the current specials were. Now how is that for targeted service! Both my friend and I had a spa treatment and they did not disappoint. I had the 90 minute deep tissue and hot stone massage and it was awesome. I was originally a little concerned because Darla, my masseuse was rather petite but boy was she ever strong! Would highly recommend.

The breakfast buffet was decent. Not spectacular but provided a nice start to the day? And oh, they had freshly squeezed OJ and amazing coffee con leche. We Te at the restaurant one night and it was good - once again, not fabulous but good.

The only downside to the resort and it was nothing that the resort could control were some of the other guests. There was a rather large family there of multiple generations who felt that it was appropriate to yell across the resort at one another! block off all of the pool chairs even though they weren't there and were just generally rude - no please or thank yours to the staff. That was annoying.

I would highly recommend the Royal Corin to anyone looking for a 5 star stay in the Arenal area!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a suite - they are amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Manoa Hotel
Arenal Manoa Hotel
#12 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!