WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
La Terraza Guest House B&B
Ranked #2 of 9 Grecia B&B and Inns
Liberia, Costa Rica
“Another great visit at La Terraza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had an opportunity to send another week at La Terazza. As always the food was good, follow guests interesting and a hoot with Jeanetta. Chris, Jackie and Geraldo added extra services and touches that made me feel right at home.

I had an opportunity to enjoy several days in the spacious apartment and then in massive suite in the main house. Every need was met by the staff without hesitation. The gardens and squirrels and birds also provided some relaxing entertainment. All-in-all a top notch visit.

Room Tip: Suite in the Main House is great place to relax and refresh.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this review. Thank you so much. I sure hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I picked La Terraza for our 46th anniversary celebration. Jeanetta really has a wonderful property, and her warm personality, enthusiasm, and desire to make our stay as perfect as possible were appreciated.

We stayed for 11 days in the apartment. It is well furnished and comfortable. three ceiling fans keep it comfortable during the warm part of the day. I enjoyed sitting on the patio in the morning, sipping coffee, reading, and listening to the birds and the river.

Cristina prepared the meals, and was happy to tailor the menu to our tastes. Jeraldo provided taxi service when we wanted/needed to go into town.

My wife is in a wheelchair, so she appreciated the grab bars in the walk-in shower. And the staff all went out of their way to accommodate anything my wife needed (including making a ramp so we could get the wheelchair in and out of the apartment door).

For all the features, I felt the price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: The apartment was wonderful. We didn't see the suites, so I cannot comment. when we go back, w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many times when we get customers who have mobility difficulties its hard to guess what they need. We want to thank you for supplying us with all the information we needed to be able to provide you with the best of service. It was your input that gave us guidance as how to not only serve you and your wife but also in serving others that may have the same difficulties. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you both again.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We decided to spend the first night and the last two nights of our honeymoon at La Terraza, and we are grateful that we did. Jeannetta was an incredible host and Christina (while speaking just a little bit of English) was amazing as well.

We arrived after a long day of flying and were immediately in awe of the property. The grounds were perfectly landscaped and it was so quiet that we instantly felt completely relaxed. Our first night was the day before Good Friday, so everything in Grecia was closed for the holiday. Taking this into account, Chris prepared a tasty dinner for us and had it ready in our rooms to eat at our leisure.

Breakfast all 3 mornings was delicious and made to order. If available, anything we desired was prepared for us.

At the end of our trip, we returned for the final two nights. A couple celebrating their 46th wedding anniversary was also visiting and Jeannetta and Chris threw a joint party for us complete with southern style BBQ chicken and ribs, potato salad, and chocolate cake. After eating throughout Costa Rica for 12 days, this was a welcome reminder of home.

All in all, we are so glad that we began and ended our trip to Costa Rica at La Terraza. Jeannetta and Chris were amazing hosts and seemed genuinely excited to help us, answer questions, and make us feel at home.

Positives:
1) great hosts and tasty food!
2) wifi was available in our room even though we thought it would only be available in the common areas. This was great as we were able to look into things before venturing out into the country.
3) amazing garden and grounds
4) short and easy drive to and from the airport.
5) very reasonable price for what you get.

Negatives:
1) The bed was a little hard and uncomfortable, but we were so tired (from a long day of flying at the beginning of our vacation and just general travel weariness at the end of the trip) that sleep was not an issue.
2) The ceiling fan was very loose and made a lot of noise when turned on. We also couldn't feel any air coming from it at all so we just slept with the sliding patio door open. The weather was so pleasant so we decided not to bring this up during our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian C
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
So my bed was hard, the word is firm (smile). We had a blast with you both. It was very exciting talking to young people, getting the scoop on what is really happening in our world. You both have such a bright outlook of the future and that was so good to hear. We would like to take credit word your marriage success since you started your honeymoon with us and ended it with us. Sorry about the fan, we did not find out about it until the next customer. Sure wish you would have told us. The next person that came got a little shocked. It's up and running now. That was a great chocolate cake Chris baked for your celebration, she gave me a slice of it Sunday. That cake was almost worth breaking your diet for. Thanks for including us in your honeymoon plans. Come visit us again.
Saugatuck, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Jeannetta is a modern " Auntie Mamet". Just fabulous. Na booming voice, an all encompassing personality, with a fabulous Bed and Breakfast. Her rooms and gardens are imacculate and her breakfast is superb! Stay! You will enjoy everything about La Terrazza!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
This review has to be a classic review. I'm lost for words really and that does not happen very often. What a wonderful comparison, it is to bad that Chris can't fully understand it but I tried my best. We are so pleased that you were pleased. The fact is God has just tremendously blessed us with some of the worlds best clients. We appreciate you and sure hope to see you again.
Jax, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a solo traveler, I'm always looking for places that will cater to my need of feeling safe and secure. Although Ireland was my first choice for travel, I decided to stay closer to home. While searching the internet I stumbled across La Terraza Guesthouse in Grecia, Costa Rica, and after speaking with Jeanetta Owens, the owner, I just knew I was headed to "Pura Vida"! From the moment Gerardo, her accommodating driver, picked me up at the airport, until he dropped me off to leave, I thoroughly enjoyed the 7 days spent at this absolutely beautiful and well kept property. Even though this guesthouse was full, the owner made sure that each person was cared for royally! Knowing it was my 60th birthday, Jeannetta and her awesome cook, Christine made it a very special occasion with a birthday dinner and my favorite coconut cake. She also arranged a 2 day trip to Limon, and Cahuita for myself and two other guests. Except for not being able to sleep peacefully one night, because of barking dogs, I used the time to catch up on e-mail (free wifi). Reasonably priced, breakfast cooked to order whenever you make it to the beautiful outside seating area, awesome french toast, excellent staff, comfortable rooms, and private balconies. OMG! Everything you need is at La Terraza, and I highly recommend it for all travelers. I can't wait to plan my next trip as a repeat customer!

Room Tip: If you like the sound of water flowing from the river while you sleep, request a room on the west- s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ClaqMama
You know I never thought of it when you were here. You turned 60 and I turned 70 this year. So does that mean I'm wiser? We had a blast helping you to celebrate your birthday. I feel we have a friend for life. It's people like you that make my job exciting and rewarding. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.
El Paso Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

stayed for one nite, should have stayed for 3-4. The room we were in was the absolutely best we stay at all trip, on the banks of the rio which splits the property, it is well maintained, green oasis in the heart of SAN ROQUE DE BAJO de grecia. In other words it is just in a neighborhood east of Grecia. EVERYTHING you need is there.: dishes, soaps, refrigerator, stove, a beautiful bedroom with linens and Jeanetta is very nice, matter of fact, and retired American who runs the house with a wonderfully happy hand. Dont miss it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpearsTx
Thanks so much for your visit and most of all for the review. We appreciate your comments, we have a lot to live up to. Please come back again and maybe you will be able to stay a little longer.
Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My sister in law and I are both nurses; she retired and me soon to be. We both needed a relaxing vacation. After reading the reviews posted here on trip advisor and a couple personal phone calls and emails to Jeanetta, the owner, we felt very comfortable taking our first out of country trip to Costa Rica. I can not say enough about her staff, her driver Gerardo and her cook Christina. Short of "Buenos Dias" and a few other words we learned from highschool and a little sign language, we managed to have a fantastic and memorable trip. We felt like we had our own private villa. Sitting out on our private balcony overlooking the lush beautiful grounds and going to sleep and awakening to the sounds of the rolling stream outback was priceless. If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica, make LaTerraza, a must for your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda L
Speaking of a great time. We had an exciting time with you and your sister in law. We usually get couples, it was a nice change having single women visit. Perhaps your review will inspire other single ladies to come visit Costa Rica. We appreciate your review and hope you will miss us enough to come back again. Thanks for the corn meal mix, I enjoyed some today with my Swiss Chard.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grecia
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Villa San Ignacio
Villa San Ignacio
#8 of 30 in Alajuela
El Churrasco Hotel Restaurante

Been to La Terraza Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!