La Terraza Guest House B&B
$99
$84
$81
Travelocity
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
$81
  • Spa
1915 Hotel(Alajuela)
$65
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverjeanetta owensthe ownercosta ricab bhome away from homewealth of informationthe main housestream runningyou will not be disappointedbed and breakfastlook forwardsan josecoffee makergrounds are beautifulevery morninga wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Jeanetta is a great host and Christina is a gem. Jeanetta was kind enough to switch us to the apartment for no extra cost because we were going to be there for three nights. The apartment is great - very roomy, with a delightful balcony. I expected the guest house to be farther out in the country, but it is fairly close to town in a Costa Rican neighborhood. We walked to the feria (farmers market) on Friday evening - don't miss it if you are in town on Friday or Saturday! Once you come off the street you are transported into an oasis. The gardens are large and beautiful and peaceful, with a stream going through the property. Be sure to allow plenty of time in the mornings to chat with Jeanetta over breakfast.Christina made the best breakfasts we had in Costa Rica and it was delightful to sit on the back porch and visit.

Room Tip: The apartment is huge and a real treat.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank snorkelerNan
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

You do not believe in keeping secrets, I upgraded you to the apartment because you were so nice about the changes I had to make. My clients are something else, they highlight me but they never say how gracious they are. Plus giving you the apartment was part of our attempt to make it impossible for you not to come back to see us. We want to make sure you feel this is the best place to stay while visiting Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Of the seven guest houses we have stayed in Costa Rica, La Terraza is hands down our favorite. Jeanetta and Christina are two of the nicest people we have met in a country full of nice people -- we consider them both lifelong friends. LaTerraza itself is a beautiful property, with extensive, well-kept grounds and a lovely stream running close by. The food is excellent and the rooms are beautifully decorated. Downtown Grecia, with its interesting shops and fine restaurants, is a 15-minute walk or five minute drive away. You can't go wrong at LaTerraza

Room Tip: Choose the apartment. We stayed in it for three weeks. It overlooks the beautiful gardens and the stream.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackmanii

Thanks so much for your vote of confidence. You did'nt say that you like Costa Rica so much until after your first visit you decided to make this home. Oh the secrets people keep. My intention was to make you a permanent guest, but your love for our climate and the people sort of made you feel welome enough to make Costa Rica your home. Just sendme all of your guest and we will count it as a fair exchange. Enjoy your new home and thanks for your vote of confidence.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

During the past few years I've stayed at La Terraza 4-5 times and I always return to this lovely spot. The rooms are quite amble, the sound of the running stream on the property makes for a refreshing peace. I like having a mini-frigerator, coffee maker and microwave oven in the rooms so I can have snacks and treats when I am ready. The gardens are beautiful and the owners and staff are always responsive to my needs. I particular love to be able to sit on the main house patio and enjoy breakfast, refreshments or work on my laptop. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelingal51
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

I don't know if the our business plan included making guest so comfortable until they decide to make Costa Rica their home. You never expect that a person is going to like visiting so much until they decided to stay. Our beautiful weather is hard to resist. Thanks for your years of patronage, we had hoped you would be a customer for life but then you decided to buy a house here. Oh well, just send us all of your visitors.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week in Jan of 2012, and for sure I will be always happy to suggest others stay at La Terazza in Grecia. Carlos was so nice, polite and helpful, Christine couldn't be kinder and Jeanetta was just a hostess with the mostest. We lingered over breakfast chatting each morning and learning about each other and the area and it was just so very enjoyable for us and from my friend that had joined us for the week. We had plenty of room in our apartment to entertain our friend for evening drinks and meals and she so enjoyed her lovely room just above us. We all enjoyed sitting on the porches in the evenings with our wine. Yes do stay in Grecia at La Terazza you will not be disappointed.
Pat & Ian Adderley, Bermuda

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank padderley

What always amazes me when I read our guest reviews is that the guest never say how great they were. We had a wonderful time, we enjoyed serving you, thanks for the opportunity. We appreciate your taking time to give us a review. We look forward to your return trip. If you think of something we could have done better, drop us a line. Someone elses observation is always very helpful.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had corresponded with the owner, Jeanetta Owens on the net so I had an inkling of her wit and charm before I arrived. Her Inn is spotless. The guestroom I stayed in was well appointed; with 2 rocking chairs on a small balcony overlooking the jungle hillside that abuts the back of her property. Her property is lovely and groomed with many flowering plants and trees - and a small bright yellow footbridge that crosses a rushing mountain stream. Breakfast served on the porch by an attentive Christina was fresh fruit, toast and jam, good CR coffee or a full eggs and whatever else you might want breakfast. I was traveling alone and Jeanetta and I held a discourse each morning about the days travel plans. I wish I could have stayed a month or two. I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ron e
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thanks so much for taking time to share with others your experience here with us at La Terraza Guest House. We appreciate your review, it was a pleasure to serve you. Please come back to visit us.