“A place I love to go!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Terraza Guest House B&B
Ranked #2 of 9 Grecia B&B and Inns
Liberia, Costa Rica
“A place I love to go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

During the past few years I've stayed at La Terraza 4-5 times and I always return to this lovely spot. The rooms are quite amble, the sound of the running stream on the property makes for a refreshing peace. I like having a mini-frigerator, coffee maker and microwave oven in the rooms so I can have snacks and treats when I am ready. The gardens are beautiful and the owners and staff are always responsive to my needs. I particular love to be able to sit on the main house patio and enjoy breakfast, refreshments or work on my laptop. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelingal51
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
I don't know if the our business plan included making guest so comfortable until they decide to make Costa Rica their home. You never expect that a person is going to like visiting so much until they decided to stay. Our beautiful weather is hard to resist. Thanks for your years of patronage, we had hoped you would be a customer for life but then you decided to buy a house here. Oh well, just send us all of your visitors.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Paget, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week in Jan of 2012, and for sure I will be always happy to suggest others stay at La Terazza in Grecia. Carlos was so nice, polite and helpful, Christine couldn't be kinder and Jeanetta was just a hostess with the mostest. We lingered over breakfast chatting each morning and learning about each other and the area and it was just so very enjoyable for us and from my friend that had joined us for the week. We had plenty of room in our apartment to entertain our friend for evening drinks and meals and she so enjoyed her lovely room just above us. We all enjoyed sitting on the porches in the evenings with our wine. Yes do stay in Grecia at La Terazza you will not be disappointed.
Pat & Ian Adderley, Bermuda

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank padderley
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
What always amazes me when I read our guest reviews is that the guest never say how great they were. We had a wonderful time, we enjoyed serving you, thanks for the opportunity. We appreciate your taking time to give us a review. We look forward to your return trip. If you think of something we could have done better, drop us a line. Someone elses observation is always very helpful.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had corresponded with the owner, Jeanetta Owens on the net so I had an inkling of her wit and charm before I arrived. Her Inn is spotless. The guestroom I stayed in was well appointed; with 2 rocking chairs on a small balcony overlooking the jungle hillside that abuts the back of her property. Her property is lovely and groomed with many flowering plants and trees - and a small bright yellow footbridge that crosses a rushing mountain stream. Breakfast served on the porch by an attentive Christina was fresh fruit, toast and jam, good CR coffee or a full eggs and whatever else you might want breakfast. I was traveling alone and Jeanetta and I held a discourse each morning about the days travel plans. I wish I could have stayed a month or two. I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ron e
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to share with others your experience here with us at La Terraza Guest House. We appreciate your review, it was a pleasure to serve you. Please come back to visit us.
Pontiac, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Even though we stayed at La Terraza for only one night, the lovely owner, Jeanetta, made us immediately feel like we were family. She was always available to answer any questions and give us information on the area. Her staff, Christina and Carlos, were always friendly and smiling. The accomodations and grounds are really beautiful. Loved being able to sleep with the patio doors open listening to the rushing river in the back yard! The breakfast was wonderful, Christina was willing to fix whatever we wanted! We left wishing we could have stayed for more than one night. We will definately stay at La Terraza next time we are in the Grecia area, and look forward to visiting with our friend Jeanetta!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott and Chris E
Thanks so much for your review, we enjoyed your brief visit but you did promise us that when you return to Costa Rica you will stop by here first. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we are so happy you enjoyed our services.
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Experiencing La Terraza B&B was even better the second time around! The owner, Jeanetta Owens, was as warm and welcoming as I remembered and, as always, served as my authority on all things Costa Rican, especially real estate. During my stay, Carlos served as my driver and guide for a weekend side trip to several beaches and proved why he's the best at what he does. He knows the roads - no small feat in Costa Rica! - and all the best out-of-the-way eateries for enjoying local delicacies. Speaking of delicacies, La Terraza’s cook, Cristina, served me the best tamale I ever ate! Her scratch-made breakfasts every morning on the relaxing terrace overlooking the lush grounds of La Terraza, made every day of my visit extra special. Can't wait for visit #3!

Room Tip: La Terraza's website features copious photos of the B&B so you can tailor your room choice t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank NorthCarolinaDiva
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House B&B, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
When you first talked to me about your mission and reason for returning to Costa Rica to improve on your Spanish, I was a little apprehnsive. Not because you were not a nice person but because not everyone can adapt to the culture here in Costa Rica. Most of us don't understand what it means by third world.

Thee was something about you that made me know if I would match you up with a very special Costa Rican family to live with them for a month, you would make it and you did. In fact a strong friendship developed. It is people like you who have made being a B&B owner something very special . Thanks for your patronage and we sure hope to see you again and again.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

The great reviews are deserved. Jeanetta seemed to have thought of everything: massive and tasty welcome meal, varied breakfasts, pool table, jacuzzi overlooking the garden (unavailable when we were there because it was being refitted), four fluffy towels, hair styling set, TV, rocking chairs on the balcony, strong wifi, nice shower, proper toilet roll (a rarity in Costa Rica) and a driver who'll take you anywhere for the same price as a taxi. Homely would be the best word to describe the rooms. Ours overlooked the gardens which had fruit trees - you can pick your own oranges - and a river. Jeanetta also sat with us to chat at breakfast - she was a real treat. It's a little way to town (bus or taxi needed) but there isn't a lot there anyway. I guess people stay here as a base for day trips (zoo, Poas, airport etc). We paid $95 for our room which we thought was just about right - but unbeknown to us, the quote we got over the phone did not include tax so we ended up paying $15 more per night. That would be our only criticism after a really happy stay. Can't imagine you'd find anything nearly as good in the area.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JimR1980
What a compliment, thanks so very much we appreciate your comments. We will make sure to indicate to our guest that there is a 13% tourism tax. Sometimes we assume that our guest have read our rate information and they know about the tax requirement. Thanks so much for letting us know that making sure people know there is a tourism tax is very important.

Our returning customers have a lot of sepcial benefits so please come back to visit us.
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

When I started looking at accommodations in Grecia, La Terraza sounded delightful and it was, from the beginning to the end of our week-long trip. We were first "wowed" by the rushing of the river and the palm trees outlined by moonlight when Carlos drove up from the airport, and continued to feel relaxed in the natural setting day and night. Our deck overlooked a lovely and well-tended tropical garden. We felt well taken care of by Jeanetta, Christina and Carlos. It was wonderful having them "show us the ropes" and we always felt safe and well taken care of - like visiting a friend or relative. Jeanetta is really fun and interesting to talk to. I was very grateful to Carlos for driving us around on the bumpy roads in the crazy traffic, I'm not sure I could have handled that, especially on our first visit. I really think I can easily say that it was the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Our 25th anniversary arrived this year, and we decided some time ago to celebrate by going to Costa Rica. When Jeanetta heard that, she said she was going to have a party for us! And she did - she invited some Americans who had moved to Costa Rica and we really enjoyed talking to them about their expat experiences. The food at that lunch, and at breakfast every day, was fantastic - made with care by Christina. I can't promise you that you will have a party at La Terraza, but I can promise that you will enjoy your stay and you will want to return as soon as possible. Pura vida!

Room Tip: We loved the apartment, didn't see any of the other rooms but I'm sure they are nice as wel...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alden C
Thanks for the opportunity to serve you. I'm a romantic by nature, after many years of a wonderful marriage, it is hard for me to pass up the opportunity to celebrate with others their very special day. Keep loving each other and come back to see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grecia
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Villa San Ignacio
Villa San Ignacio
#9 of 30 in Alajuela
El Churrasco Hotel Restaurante

Been to La Terraza Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!