“One of my favorite places on the planet”
Review of Galeria Steakhouse - CLOSED

Galeria Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have had the good fortune to dine in fine restaurants from Australia to Budapest, and all over the US. In Grecia, where I now live most of the year, I savor my meals at Galeria. Great menu, and the best service anywhere.....I have been there amny times and not once was I disappointed in any way.

There are newer reviews for Galeria Steakhouse

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I lived in Grecia for two months, and after I found this place a month into my stay, I probably ate here half a dozen times. The staff is bilingual and very friendly. One night I knew what I wanted, but due to bus delays was in a hurry to eat. The chef pushed back his scheduled break just for me to get my meal ready in time.

I really enjoyed their "Economy" menu. The steaks seemed to only be slightly smaller than the full price ones, but come with the same sides at half the price. Also their salsa and black bean dip appetizer is amazing. Some of the best salsa I have ever had. The chips are made hot and fresh on site when you order and the salsa has an amazing flavor. And they have a few sauces they bring with the steak that even further enhance its flavor. One is a cilantro/vinegary sauce and the other is a very good sweet and sour type sauce made with strawberry. All said and done I could get a steak dinner with a great appetizer for around only $10. If you wanted a drink they had an extensive (for the area) wine collection and a decent selection of imported beers, even some craft brewed local beers I've only ever found there, and spirits. A very great place to eat!

2  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family and I dropped by here on our way back from Sarchi, taking a chance on the reviews from TripAdvisor reviewers. It was a little difficult to find as noted, but we asked the locals and we found it. It was just as noted by reviewers. The food in general was REALLY GOOD, especially the meats! The steak was done right and I must say it was the best steak place we have been to during our vacation here. Highly recommend the Lomo Beef and Parillada! Oh, did we mention that the meal portions were bigger than normal....and the service was good.

Try this place! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

No question, this is the best place to eat in Grecia and the surrounding area. We have eaten there from the day they opened and never had a bad meal. Tatiana and Jorge and their staff are great hosts and make you feel comfortable the minute enter. Love it.
Ingo y Trixie

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love the steaks here. They are priced right, are not chewy like most steaks in Costa Rica and the hosts/wait staff are second to none in Costa Rica. I love the strawberry hot sauce and garlic oil sauces too. Overall, it's the best steakhouse restaurant around.