“Tranquility atop the mountain”
Review of Casa Naranja

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grecia
Casa Naranja
Miami, Florida
“Tranquility atop the mountain”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Great rooms, clean, friendly, knowledgable, a great place to stay for access to the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Playa Chiquita, Limon
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I am a part time resident of Costa Rica ,and I recently had to ship my daughter's Rhodesian Ridgeback back to the states, and was in need of a place to stay overnight with him in the Alajuela area. I found Casa Naranja listed under pet- friendly hotels in the area, and was very pleased with my experience there. Bill and Doreen went out of their way to accommodate the dog and myself in complete comfort and made us feel very much at home. There is a fenced yard with wonderful views of the valley and mountains- and peace and quiet, as it is out of the city. We had to leave early in the morning, and Doreen made a great breakfast so large I shared it with the dog! I would definitely return! Jeff VanArsdell

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
usa
Reviewed January 12, 2011

House and grounds have unique history (ask owners/hosts Bill and Doreen!) -- beautiful views of terraced rural areas close-by and the central valley north of San Jose -- about a 35-min drive from the airport. Well worth the stay. Immaculate lodgings, wonderful breakfast, helpful hosts with interesting backgrounds and art and other collectibles. very generous, above and beyond in many ways. side trips from here to Grecia and Sarchi -- also not far from Poas volcano, but do pick a day when it's not raining in higher elevations. Of course that can change quickly. Enjoyed the "insider's" look at CR.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The Bed and Breakfast facilities and grounds are very well maintained. The views from the property are amazing. The owners (Bill and Doreen) were very accommodating and took care of us and are very friendly. They made us feel right at home. A tasty and filling breakfast was served each morning. Bill and Doreen have been in costa rica a number of years and are full of great ideas and information when traveling the area.
We love the views and all the information they shared with us.
We ended up staying another night after baldi hot springs. I do believe that we had the best service and breakfast in all of costa rica.

Bill meet us in town, there place is kinda hard to find, just call a head.
Dawn and Peter

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I use to live in Costa Rica and went back to check out Grecia as another possible retirement location. Casa Naranja was an absolutely perfect place from which to see the city and get an overall view of the surrounding area. Bill and Doreen were the perfect hosts and the accomodations and food were great.
Lynn

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed one night in November 2010, at the very tail-end of the rainy season. We were both a little uncertain about what a bed-and-breakfast experience would be like, but you get all of the service you would expect from a high-end hotel, and then some.

The house is absolutely gorgeous, impeccably decorated and very secure. We were treated to good conversation, cold beer, a king-sized bed, free internet and a gigantic breakfast. Their house is conveniently located about 30 minutes from the airport and 10-15 minutes from two other little towns that we didn't have time to explore. I should also mention the gorgeous view from the backyard and the quirky little dog they've trained to kick intruders. :)

I can't recommend this place enough. I'm in my early 30's and the experience was like staying with an aunt and uncle. My girlfriend and I were exhausted after eight days of touring Costa Rica and Casa Naranja was the perfect place to peacefully end our trip. It was very obvious that Bill and Doreen have plenty of experience boarding travelers, as they were courteous, friendly professionals the entire time. I don't think I've ever received so much for my money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 28, 2010

****Bill or Doreen, please email me so I can send you pics it's sld41484@yahoo.com***

This B & B truly felt like a home away from home. Traveling in a foreign country can be stressful but Bill and Doreen made us feel at ease. The B&B is beautiful! The property has breath taking views not to mention how amazingly friendly Bill and Doreen are! They have 3 wonderful dogs. If you don't like dogs they will definitely keep them away from you but if you are an animal lover they will let you snuggle the dogs all you want =)

Doreen is an amazing cook! Ask for pancakes, they're the best!

Bill is a great story teller be sure to ask about their amazing travels.

Great people, friendly, accommodating and they really want you to feel welcome and enjoy your stay. It's clear they enjoy what they do for a living I would definitely go back just to visit with them =)

****Bill or Doreen, please email me so I can send you pics it's sld41484@yahoo.com,

Stephanie