Hotel Casa Antigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Mango(Alajuela)
View Hotel
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
  • Pool
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
Hotel Mi Tierra(Alajuela)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstakes pridehotel is beautifully decoratedrooms are smallclose to the airporthelpful ownersan joseplace to stayswimming poollast nightbeds were comfortablearrived latefresh fruitan airport hotellong flightwould definitely stay here againhenrypersian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2011

From time to time we stay in Alajuela or San Jose and frequently try out different places. This past time we found a gem of a place in Casa Antigua. Casa Anigua is an eclectic blend of Costa Rican & Serbian charm. Just a short hop to the airport, this little unique oasis will have us returning time and time again.
I called the day before to check availability and Henry the owner assured us that we would not be disappointed - and he was right. We were greeted personally upon arrival and provided with a comfortable and clean room. The first thing I always do upon entering is check the bed and I was thrilled to find a new, orthopedic mattress.
The hotel is equipped with a beautiful pool and garden areas, parking lot, and fabulous restaurant. We probably would have passed on the restaurant if it weren't for TA recommendations. I'm glad we followed the suggestion. All in all, for the price, this is one of the best choices in this category.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have windows; some are at the front of the house with possible road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at Casa Antigua for the night after flying into San Jose at the start of our vacation. It was incredibly unique, and although it was small it had a very welcoming feel. The food from the restaurant was out of this world. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay that is close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very low priced for the service. Especially good for anyone flying in late or out early as they can shuttle to airport. I formerly lived in costa rica for 4 years and security is good here no worries!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank MegBerns
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I found Casa Antigua online and was worried that because it was so reasonably priced, something must be wrong there, so I entered with low expectations. I called first and made the reservation directly with the owner, he didn't ask me for a credit card, only an arrival time. I arrived within 20 minutes of what I had told him and he was waiting for me at the front desk. Entering this property is like entering a friends house, lots of comfy sofas and carpets on the floor (you never see carpet in Costa Rica) and you could see that someone poured their heart and soul into decorating this place with a Persian/eclectic theme. My room was basic, but had everything I would need before flying out the next morning. The owner asked me if I was hungry before he showed me the room and I answered that I could eat, truth was, I was starving after a 3 hour bus ride from Quepos. After I got settled, I went back out to the living room and was invited to a backyard fantasy land. There were Middle Eastern lamps, people smoking hookahs, and a beautiful gardens and lights, it was a very cool vibe. The owner cooked me dinner from his Persian menu and it was AMAZING, best food I have ever had in Costa Rica, and the best tea. He told me that he would have cab waiting for me the next morning at 5am, and everything went smoothly, off to the airport I went! I would definitely recommend this place for anyone needing to crash by the airport!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I loved this place! The owner is the best and so very nice! It is worth staying there just to meet him he is so positive and a great chef. He made us a genuine Persian dinner that was to die for. The atmosphere is wonderful, I felt like I was in a palace and after two weeks of roughing Costa Rica staying here really rejuvenated me for the long trip back to the states. Also, there's plastic covers on the beds which for a germ-freak like me is an added bonus. Stay here and you will be truly inspired.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple