We just returned fronm a wonderful two week trip to Costa Rica.
We wanted to have different types of experiences so we had a
car some of the time, and also used public transportation, taxi service and one-day tours.
Fortunately, our first several days were at the Alajuela Trapp Family Inn (not to be confused with the inn of the same name in Monteverde, Costa Rica).
We were picked up at the airport (very early in the morning) by
Karen Trapp, who runs the Inn with her brother Andreas and
her husband Nubil Chavez. We were tired after a red-eye flight,and really appreciated Karen's warm welcome. As soon as we were setled in Karen prepared a made to order breakfast ."What do you enjoy.? . I will make it for you". And so it went. Karen ,or one of her very friendly and effieient staff helped us with whatever we requested . They gave us information about buses,tours, cabs, local activities, and really everything else we
needed But it went beyond that. Once we decided on an
activity, they made all the necessary calls and arangements.
Additionally the rooms were large and comfortable with original pieces from local artists.
The dining room was open and airy with a view of native tropical plants and colorful birds .Very tasty food in generous portions was beutifully presented.
We also enjoyed the pool and an environment that
was conducive to meeting other travelers.
We paid $94 for a room and breakfast. Dinners ( also delicious) were available as well.
We really enjoyed our stay at this property. . more than any other
place we stayed in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trapp Family Country Inn is located only 1 mile from Juan Santamaria International Airport. We offer comfortable accomodations along with genuine family service in a peaceful atmosphere. This colonial style hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens with centenary fig trees. From the private balcony of your room, in the terraze or by the pool, you will enjoy nature and relax with the musical sound of the birds. A true oasis in the middle of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Alajuela
- Country Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Country Inn
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn Costa Rica/Alajuela