We tried the Trapp Family Inn for our stay overnight in San Jose after arriving at the airport. We were picked up by the hotel and made a short five minute drive to the property. We had two rooms for 3 adults and 4 children, and were so impressed that we stayed an additional two nights on our return to the U.S.
The owners are very personable and the rooms are spacious and clean. They serve a wonderful complimentary breakfast and the dinner we ate there was excellent as well.
The best thing was the price..we paid less for two rooms than we normally pay for one at the Costa Rica Marriott. We will return definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trapp Family Country Inn is located only 1 mile from Juan Santamaria International Airport. We offer comfortable accomodations along with genuine family service in a peaceful atmosphere. This colonial style hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens with centenary fig trees. From the private balcony of your room, in the terraze or by the pool, you will enjoy nature and relax with the musical sound of the birds. A true oasis in the middle of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Alajuela
- Country Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Country Inn
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn Costa Rica/Alajuela