Maleku Hostel
Hampton.com
$163
$125
Courtyard
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
$67
$199
$159
$116
$97
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$79
$67
$66
$63
Travelocity
$84
$81
$74
All reviewsprivate roomfree shuttle to the airportclose to the airportwell equipped kitchenhour receptionbed dormclean comfortable roomsjuan santamaria airportleaving costa ricaarrived latefirst night in costa ricataxiflightcrcouchlinensstopover
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great hostel for great value and most importantly very secure place. The employees here are very friendly and helpful, the best place to spend your last day before you fly back, since it's really close to the airport and they provide a free shuttle service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great place to stay! The hostel seems very homey, clean and it is secure.
Employees are so friendly and they also offer breakfast including coffee and tea. They arrange a free taxi ride to the airport from 5am to 5pm, and i what i find out the best, is that you do not have to leave at check out time, you can stay there till your flight. I recommend this hostel either for the beginning or end of your trip!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect end to our trip. We didn't spend a lot if time here, but my bed was really comfy and the employees were friendly. The place was clean and secure. As advertised, they arranged a free taxi ride to the airport at 5 am. We missed the breakfast, but oh well. I would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice, clean hostel that serves its purpose - getting you into or out of Costa Rica. My friend and I stayed here one night at the end of our trip. The free shuttle to the airport was nice - we definitely took advantage of that. Breakfast was pretty crappy - bananas, orange juice and crackers - but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a family occupied house with rooms to let. Not a practical or functional hostel or backpackers accommodation.

While it is not the worst, or most misrepresented accommodation I have ever booked...it is not a place I would stay more than a night or recommend to other travelers.

I don't mind kids, but dirty diapers in the shared bathrooms are a bit much. Leaving the common area at 11pm so the live in relatives can go to sleep may fly in Moldova, but this is Costa Rica, the most developed country in Central America. For nearly 40 bucks, I expect more.

We stayed here for the proximity to the airport. Locked in our room at the 11pm curfew...this is the first time I wish I had a predawn flight.

Choose a different option....

• Stayed: November 2012