We stayed here for a night on each end of our vacation in Costa Rica. You can't beat the proximity to the airport. The hotel is very cozy and cute. On our first night, there was a confusion with our bed situation. We needed one room with 2 beds, and one room with 1 bed. We were given two rooms with only 1 bed. At first we were quite frustrated since I had email confirmations of the requests. However Eduardo was terrific and went above and beyond that late night. He was able to locate us an extra twin size mattress that we were able to put on the floor. Perfect solution since the hotel was completely booked. One of our rooms was at the front of the hotel, very near a busy street, and was very noisy. But, that is to be expected. We got there late, and the hotel is located in the city.
Our last night we were able to request rooms #7 & #8. GREAT rooms! They shared a small little alcove and were located in the back of the complex so it was very quiet. They were also right next to the garden sitting area and fountain. Great to be able to sit out and relax with a book before heading to bed for the night.
Great breakfast (included) by the way!
I can't say enough about Eduardo! He was at the desk for both of our stays. He was extremely friendly and helpful. A definite joy to deal with!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former mansion converted into a nice little hotel just five minutes from the international Juan Sta Maria airport in San Jose Costa Rica. Convenient location in Alajuela city, includes free taxi from the hotel to the airport, full breakfast, free wireless and access to internet, friendly atmosphere Costarican management. Nice tropical decoration with beautiful gardens, a true oasis in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Los Volcanes Alajuela
- Hotel Los Volcanes Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Los Volcanes B&B Costa Rica/Alajuela