I selected this hotel for its price and location. We were arriving late and needed a safe, clean but modest place to rest before our 5:50 am pickup. The hotel served that purpose.
The young man who greeted us got his job done but displayed no warmth or smile. I thought it was because of the late hour but he was even more aloof in the morning. We left too early for breakfast and learned we couldn't even get coffee, which was understandable but disappointing.
The room was adequate size but very tiny bathroom with no water cup. The high wooden ceiling was gorgeous and reflective of the elegant construction of times past.
Our room was in front so we couldn't avoid hallway or outdoor noise.
Overall, it was okay for a brief stay but a bit pricey by local comparative standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former mansion converted into a nice little hotel just five minutes from the international Juan Sta Maria airport in San Jose Costa Rica. Convenient location in Alajuela city, includes free taxi from the hotel to the airport, full breakfast, free wireless and access to internet, friendly atmosphere Costarican management. Nice tropical decoration with beautiful gardens, a true oasis in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Los Volcanes Alajuela
- Hotel Los Volcanes Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Los Volcanes B&B Costa Rica/Alajuela