This is a great place to stay if you upgrade the room. Originally we got a standard room through our tour package, the room was small and the bathroom was dingy. I asked for a upgrade ($15 more) and it made a world of difference. The superior room was beautiful, spacious, very comfortable, tucked in the back so it was quiet. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Eduardo at the front desk was super nice and friendly and very helpful. He gave excellent service. The breakfast is delicious and has a lot of variety. There's a little town you can walk around, it looks kind of run down but it felt safe to walk around at night. We ate at a great Mexican restaurant called Jalepenos that Eduardo recommended. The taxi ride to the airport was included, about 5-10 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former mansion converted into a nice little hotel just five minutes from the international Juan Sta Maria airport in San Jose Costa Rica. Convenient location in Alajuela city, includes free taxi from the hotel to the airport, full breakfast, free wireless and access to internet, friendly atmosphere Costarican management. Nice tropical decoration with beautiful gardens, a true oasis in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Los Volcanes Alajuela
- Hotel Los Volcanes Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Los Volcanes B&B Costa Rica/Alajuela