My wife and I stayed at the vina romantica on the last day of our trip before flying out from sjo the next morning. The rooms of this small B&B were nicely appointed and very comfortable. They also offered wonderful views of the surrounding mountain ranges and Doka coffee estate. We were greeted with some excellent cocktails which we enjoyed on the patio overlooking Doka. The dinner at the restaurant was outstanding. Tim drove us over to Doka the next morning for the coffee tour and actually hung out with us during the tour and drove us out to the airport for our departure all at a much more reasonable rate than a taxi would have offered us. We very much enjoyed sitting around together with the owners of the restaurant and hotel and chatting about their experiences in Costa Rica and beyond. I would definitely book a stay with them again upon return to San Jose.
Matt and Jodi Huggins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vina Romantica is located just 5 kilometers from the International Airport. We are located in a tiny rural village at an altitude of 4200 feet. It is tranquil and the views of the volcanoes are magnificient. We are on the road to many of the tourist attractions that can be seen in one day. There are many very good restaurants in the area. You can relax and enjoy the true Costa Rican life style while staying at Vina Romantica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Vina Romantica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vina Romantica Alajuela
- Vina Romantica Hotel Alajuela
- Vina Romantica Costa Rica/Alajuela