“Wonderful Stay”

Hotel Brillasol Airport
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I spent one night at Brilla Sol and was terrific!
I was looking for a place very close to the airport and a travel agency recommended me this wonderful hotel.
I was coming from Tamarindo via Interbus, they dropped me off by the airport, then I called the hotel and told them that i was there and they said they would send their shuttle there in order to pick me up.
It took them about 10 minutes to get to the airport and their driver was so friendly.
When I arrived at the hotel, i was really surprised , it is a beautiful hotel , it is like a magical oasis., everything looks perfect.
There is occasional flight noise, but it is not too intrusive.

I also had dinner and the food was great!

The next morning, I had a 10am flight, the staff arrange a shuttle to the aiport at 7:30am, I did noy pay for the ride. It is included in their rate.

They serve breakfast between 6am until 8:30am, I really enjoyed breakfast, fresh fuits, yogurt, juices, coffee, rice and beans, scramble eggs, bread, it is really delicious.
Breakfast is also included!
Next time, when I come back I will book a room at this wonderful place!

I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed September 14, 2009

I would definately recommend this hotel if you have a late flight into San Jose. We were picked up at the airport (right outside) by a gentleman with a big yellow Brilla Sol sign with my name on it; it was so easy to spot even in a large crowd of people. After a long day of traveling it is so nice not to have to worry about transportation. We were driven right to the hotel, about 10 min away (the way there is not really a good part of town; there were hookers along the road, but don't let this scare you.) The hotel is gated and is filled with palm trees and beautiful flowers inside. The breakfast in the morning is great; it was one of my favorite breakfasts of the trip. They made eggs and rice, and there was fresh fruit and warm bread, as well as cereal and yogurt and three kinds of fruit juices and coffee. The staff was also very friendly. There is one "downside." Although it is nice to have the hotel so close to the airport, I wouldn't recommend it for light sleepers as the planes overhead woke me up a couple of times. My husband slept right through it though, so it just depends on your noise tolerance level.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I am very pleasantly surprised to share this amazing experience that my boyfriend and I had at the Hotel Brilla Sol in Costa Rica. We spent about 2 weeks in Puerto Viejo – on the way back we decided to spend one more night in San Jose. We arrived in San Jose and one of the locals recommended to go to this fabulous cozy family oriented hotel called Brilla Sol, we are pretty adventures people, so we decided to give it a shot and spend the night there. Let me to tell you, this place is by far the nicest friendly hotel that we’ve stayed in Costa Rica!!! As soon as we arrived there – the staff made sure to give us the best deal for last minute room reservation followed by homemade style dinner and FREE breakfast included. I was so excited just to eat breakfast since most of hotels charge you an arm and leg for breakfast nowadays. We ended up spending the night at a nice secured gated evening with another couple friend of ours by the pool over drinks.

The next day, the Hotel van picked us up and conveniently drop us off at the Airport, yet another free service included with our package. As soon as we arrived at the airport I realized that I had forgotten my ipod at the hotel room, I said to my boyfriend there is no way that I will ever see it my ipod again. Little that I knew that only about few days after I contacted Hotel Brilla Sol, they’d return my Ipod back to Chicago (US) for no additional post office charges.

How lucky am I? And you can be too, if you ever in Costa Rica don’t be afraid to make a reservation at Hotel Brilla Sol, excellent staff, amazing dining, and most importantly a save place like home away from home. Also, the little city of Alajuela it is just as charming as Puerto Viejo – The Super Mercado experience recommended by Brilla Sol was such a nice surprise since we thought there was nothing to do in town, we were wrong!!!

I want to thank you the owner of Brilla Sol for everything that you did for us during our visit there and for kindly returning my beloved music!!!

Marlei Taylor

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RiodeJaneiroChicago
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This was my first trip to Costa Rica and that to with my family (wife and 2 daughters, 11 and 8). I wanted to stay in a hotel with Costarican cultural flavor. The room does not have an AC but the room was so big with 2 celling fans and 4 comfortable beds. The room is designed keeping in mind of good hospitability and cultural. The hotel has big entrance door, may be for safety. The staff was awesome. They helped us in each and every mode of our stay, including free transport from the Airport to chosing sight seeing. The breakfast items include gallo pinto (rice 'n beans), scrambled eggs, AMPLE fruits and fruit drinks, Costa Rican coffee, bread, butter, cereals and milk. My family enjoyed all tropical fruits. They serve lunch and dinner. The menu selection is small but the taste is too good. They have a small sovenier area for last minute buying if you forget anything before going back home. The atmosphere is so relaxed and my family enjoyed the stay there a lot.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank qweZxc
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Hotel Brilla Sol is a wonderful choice when starting or ending your trip to Costa Rica if you fly to and from San Jose, my husband and I really loved this place!
It is a family run place, very friendly, veryclean, nice breakfast which is included- with fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, rice and beans (gallo pinto), bread, juices , coffee, yogurt.

The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport. They offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport.

The hotel grounds and pool are very nice, the rooms are great, very clean and comfortable.
The food is excellent, we tried their homemade chichen lasagna,and chicken curry and they were delicious.

The staff´s main concern is making sure your stay is a good one. We stayed two nights when we arrived and booked another night before our departure, all of which worked out great.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone either entering or leaving CostaRica.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tifis
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Brilla Sol provides clean, comfortable rooms, a nice garden area, and a delicious breakfast for a reasonable price. Its location near the airport makes it a convenient place for arrivals and departures, and the hotel driver is always there waiting for you. The best thing about the place, however, are the family/staff running the hotel. Their friendliness and eagerness to help are outstanding! I am exhausted after long flights, but when I arrive at Brilla Sol the atmosphere and friendliness make me feel that all is right with the world.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank troonUtah
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Arrived San Jose mid-afternoon after long flight. What a relief to be greeted at the airport and taken to this little bit of Costa Rican paradise. Although it's in a pleasent residential area, as you enter the walled gardens of Brilla Sol, filled to the brim with tropical flora, you suddenly know you've arrived in Costa Rica. The kids loved it. We spent the afternoon in and by the shady pool, and ate in. The restaurant serves good Costa Rican food, which I love. Breakfast was great, with tons for fruit and juice, and the coffee superb. The room was easily big enough for the 5 of us. No AC but the ceiling fans did the job. There is the occational flight noise but it didn't worry us. The staff were helpful in arranging our onward transport. We booked in for the return flight!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family