Hotel Brillasol Airport
  • Spa
Hotel Robledal(Alajuela)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
Hotel Central(Alajuela)
Hotel Mi Tierra(Alajuela)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbrilla solfree shuttlesan joseone nightcosta ricarooms are cleanshuttle serviceresidential neighborhoodnext morningreception areafree breakfasthot waterbring earplugscommon areasgreat place to staystayed two nightsair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at Hotel Brilla Sol in June the night before heading back to the U.S., and we found it to be very charming, secure and comfortable. The restaurant served us a delicious, custom-made meal. The shuttle to the airport was reliable and quick. I recommend this place on your way into or out of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Antone3
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here several years ago and returned on this last visit. It's about 5 minutes from the airport by free shuttle, so traffic jams aren't a problem. It has a lovely garden and pool area to relax by if you have a later flight. The breakfast (included) offers eggs, plantains, cereals, bread, fruits and beverages. The rooms are large with large washrooms (in the centre building). The water pressure in the shower was not strong. There are ceiling fans and screen doors but no air conditioning. Wilfredo is a happy go lucky guy and very pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 45-nomad
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We returned recently from our ninth trip to Costa Rica. For most of these trips we have stayed at BrillaSol on our arrival and our day before departure days. We have always found it to be a pleasant place to stay for a night. The people are helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and adequate, the food is simple, home-cooked fare. We enjoy the pool and garden area, and there is internet access now too. Our arrival day/night worked out fine as usual on this trip, but when we returned about ten days later, we were told that there was a problem with our room...they had given it someone else because they had a large group of students and the place was full. They did not try to contact us ahead of time to let us know. We were told that we would get a discount. We were given a very small, dark room off the reception area with two twin beds. The ceiling was only a little higher than my husband's head. One wall was glass, covered with a see-through curtain, which looked out onto the common computer and T.V. room. There was a T.V. in the room which didn't have cable, only rabbit ears that didn't work. We had use of a very tiny bathroom across the hall. Needless to say, we only stayed in our room to sleep, though this was hard at first because three of the staff were watching the very loud T.V. right outside the glass wall and were also talking loudly. They might as well have been in the room. I felt claustrophobic and was trying not to have a panic attack. Even though the owner apologized and they took $15 off our room rate, I have to say that I hesitate to go back. I can't guarantee that it won't happen again and i really do not want to have the situation repeated. I don't think it's right to give pre-booked rooms away and then not contact you. I think we should be given a guarantee that they won't do it again...and i think we should be given a free night on top of that. I feel badly about this because we enjoyed going to BrillaSol so many times. I felt it was worth letting people know.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank osalife
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great bunch of folks at Brill Sol. Friendly, clean rooms and great food. I just visited again in March 2013 and this was my second visit. I can't say enough about the pleasant atmosphere and great food. I hope one day they will finish their pool area and get it ship shape, but otherwise this is a great place for a day or two on your way to or from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked rooms for our arrival and departure at the brillasol back in early fall, the good things are on arrival there was a shuttle to pick us up on time, the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. On our departure we arrived to find out they oversold rooms to a large group and we then had the option of a cabin with just a bed or a back room next to the kitchen which had a shower and tv at least. We are not fussy people and the price we paid was not overpriced for he discounted the room because of there mistake which was all right and the fact we were leaving early next day we could live with the mistake. We would probably book with them again because of location and price as they did try to help make things better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple