“Perfect B&B”

Vida Tropical B and B
Ranked #7 of 63 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is and always has been one of our favorite places to stay for a number of reasons. First , it's 10 minute cab ride from / to the airport. It is a perfect location for arriving and getting situated before your journey and also when it's time to leave this perfect paradise it's a good way to say good bye. and to make it to the airport in time which typically is early the am to depart. They have great referrals for rental cars, hotels, & tour guides. The hosts are wonderful and the breakfast as always in Costa Rica is amazing. fresh coffee, fruits, eggs, sausage, & of course the rice...mmm. the rooms are comfy and clean. If you're fortunate enough to meet Jose he is one of a kind cool guy.
we will always return here for our journey!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Vida was the first and last stop on a long adventure for me...

I landed in Costa Rica in June 2009, and stayed for 5 days. Isabel, my hostess and her son Nickolas were so welcoming and helpful. Isabel helped me set up my travel in this new and exciting country, and even called and booked transit for me. I didn't have to worry.

I traveled through Costa Rica for 2 1/2 months, and ended up at Vida again, just before I flew to Peru, for the next leg of my adventure. Vida even let me store some things in their storage locker, because I knew I would be back yet again, before flying home to Canada.

So I visited Vida a total of 3 times, and every time I slept well, ate well, had help planning, and met really really nice travelers and families. It is a perfect place for a family, but also for a single gal like me, who enjoys peace and quiet and a safe place.

Would I go back? Absolutely. Next time I go to Costa Rica, and I will go again, I will definitely lay my head to rest at Vida Tropical.

Also, the owners of Vida, Norman and Isabel, also run a restaurant, not far away from Vida. It is called Jalapenos Central, and the food there is amazing! Norman cooks everything fresh, and is so incredibly kind and welcoming.

I thank everyone at Vida Tropical for making my first and last experience of my trip of a lifetime so memorable. They will always be in my heart.

So go there!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We have not been to Vida Tropical for a few years. Stayed with them in consecutive trips book ending each trip. On both arrivals our flights arrived at 9:30 and by the time you make your way out to the Taxi area (with the directions provided by Isabella) it is much later - there is still someone to great you at Vida Tropical, get you settled into your room and explain the honor system drinks.

They provide a map of town for exploring - check out Jalapenos - great food and conversation.

The provide wake up calls and taxi arrangements for those early morning departures either for going home or to you next destination, the breakfast is awesome.

In addition to meeting really great people that work there, Greg, Isabella, etc...the other travelers are amazing as well.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed at Vida Tropical en route to the cloud forest. The staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to provide assistance with our onward travel plans.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed for a week at Vida Tropical. I had been on a two week Volunteer Program with www.CrossCulturalSolutions.org in Puriscal and just needed to unwind and relax. Vidatripical provided the right atmosphere. It is not a large Hotel with all the amenities. Just a little Bed & Breakfast. It was Homey. Breakfast was Great. Free Internet was good too.. Massage Therapy is exactly 1/3 the cost of what it is in America where I live. It had been recommended by a friend of mine from America. If only the Weather had been so nice. It rained very hard every day. But then that's Costa Rica in the Summertime..

Eating at Normans Resturant was also good. I recommend both

Dewey Kerr
Ohio USA

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here many times over the past few years. The staff is always friendly, and very helpful. The accommodations are comfortable, clean, and we have always had a restful stay. The hotel is situated in a safe, quiet neighborhood, and within short (5 minutes) walking distance of restaurants. We recommend this place, and plan to continue to stay here in the future..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I'm usually a good sport, but this hotel was just too rough for me. It hardly qualifies as a hotel or bed and breakfast. First of all, it is VERY difficult to find (don't trust their directions). Second, you'll be sharing a bathroom, and it's not especially clean (that's usually my only qualification for a hotel). Our bedroom was tiny, musty, and had old bedding.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateandEric
JosefromCostaRica, Owner at Vida Tropical B and B, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Well, nothing like an unfavorable review to bring you back down to earth, we´ve had so many nice ones. I´m sorry this nice couple had such a bad experience, but you can´t please everyone, and they are definitely entitled to their opinion, We´ll keep trying!!