My family (3 children, husband and myself) stayed for one night at the beginning of a trip and one night at the end of the trip. I can't say enough good things about this property.
First let me start with Isabel. She was a great help prior to our trip answering emails with my many questions and offering to assist in any way. When I asked if my children and I could come early, drop off luggage and leave for the day for a tour - no problem. She let us know some tour companies would pick us up from the property so she made the phone call and arrangements for us to be picked up at Vida Tropical instead of the casino where we were supposed to wait for our tour. She helped us arrange transportation from our other location to their property. Guess I'm trying to say is she made everything very easy for us and took away all worries about traveling between properties and the airport.
When we arrived early Saturday morning with a LOT of luggage in tow (sorry!) we were greeted by Jose since it was Isabel's weekend off. He quickly showed us to the breakfast area where he fed us fresh fruit, banana bread, toast, juice and coffee and offered to cook breakfast for us. When we got back from our excursion we found our luggage in our rooms. Thank you, Jose! Also we had been discussing fresh fruit and how guanabana is our favorite. While we were out touring Jose had gone to the market to get guanabana for us! The next day he sent the leftovers with us when we checked out.
Both times we stayed there we rented 2 rooms. They offered us one large room to save us money, but we really just wanted to spread out a little. The first stay we had the Fish room and the Bamboo room. Both were very comfortable. Since we were the last to check out the next day we had access to 3 bathrooms. Our second stay we had the Gecko room and Dragon room. The Dragon room seemed a little stuffy when we first entered but the fan took care of that. The only negative of the room is the window opens directly onto the breakfast/living area. Had we not wanted to be next door to our children we might have tried to request one of the other rooms. However all was well with the fan, and we slept great.
We left our excess luggage there for the week between stays at no extra charge. We left laundry, and it was ready for us when we returned. We had we clothes with us, and Isabel said we could hang them on the clothesline. When we were out and it started raining she went out and got our clothes off the line for us.
All of these little things are what make staying at Vida Tropical such a great experience. You won't get that kind of personal service at a cookie cutter chain hotel.
Thank you Jose and Isabel for making us feel at home and for taking such great care of our family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ADVANTAGES OF VIDA TROPICAL - 5 minutes from the airport, but not on the flight path; walking distance to the center of the city of Alajuela; on a nice, quiet, secure street, in a friendly residential area; transportation to and from the airport is available at any hour of the day or night with the official orange airport taxis or we can arrange pickup(fare is about $7.00); a base from which to do day trips in the Central Valley, or overnight trips to more distant points; a place to stay during your whole trip if you're here to check out business opportunities, real estate purchase or rental possibilities or if you want to experience daily life in the Central Valley to decide if you want to move here permanently or part of the year; s place to enjoy an extended stay at very reasonable prices. We´re in Lonely Planet, Let's Go, and other travel books, reviewed on TripAdvisor and airbnb,and recommended in Thorn Tree and other discussion boards. Established in the Last Millenium before Y2K (1999), and enjoyed by 1,000s of guests. We accept Visa and Mastercard but NOT with the new CHIP security system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Vida Tropical B and B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vida Tropical b And b Hotel Alajuela
- Vida Tropical B And B Costa Rica/Alajuela