Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport
Hotel Mango(Alajuela)
Hotel Mi Tierra(Alajuela)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
View Hotel
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
  • Pool
All reviewshi expressfree shuttlesan josecosta ricafree breakfastrosti pollonext morningan early flighthour shuttlerental carshuttle runsoutdoor poollast nightrooms were very cleanbagged breakfastshuttle serviceconvenient place to stay
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Recently stayed at the Garden Court Hotel in San Jose. My husband and I were wrapping up our visit to Jaco and had an early morning flight the next morning. Check in was easy and staff were very courteous and friendly. Location was very convenient - you are literally minutes away from the airport. We could see the runway from our room. Noise was not as issue and the latest I heard an airplane land/take-off was around 10PM. Denny's and Rosti Pollo's were right across the parking lot (I recommend Rosti Pollo's). Casino is next door to restaurants. Several car rental agencies were also right down the road. Hotel offers 24hr free airport shuttle which is a big plus in my opinion! They also gave us 2 free drink vouchers for the hotel bar. Overall,I was very pleased with our stay. Will stay here again for our next trip to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amazingworld
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Perfect place to finish up a Costa Rican trip. Shuttle to the airport every 10 min or when needed and right next to Denny's and another little restaurant. Also, probably more importantly, is a stone's throw away from Thrifty, Economy Car & Auto Advantage car rental places. Plus, free Denny's breakfast (starting at 4 am), a free drink in their bar in the evening, a comfortable pool, free internet and even a USA Today...If I'm flying out of San Jose, I'm staying here.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2007

Everything about this hotel was great. After "roughing it" for 2 weeks in Costa Rica, it was great to spend our last night at a hotel that offered free breakfast, internet, large rooms, AC, cable TV, free cocktail, free shuttle service to the airport (even at 3:00 am!), plus we were able to pick up and drop off our rental car right in the parking lot (Advantage rent a car).

We stayed ata different hotel on our way into Costa Rica, and after spending a night at the Garden court I could not recommend staying anywhere else. Pay the $120 to stay here, it is well worth it!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2007

First off, when you get to Costa Rica, pick up a copy of the "The Map" found in most rental car places (the rental car booths on the way out of the airport has these). There's a 10% off coupon for this hotel in there, as well as for a few other hotels. Now the hard thing is getting them to honor the discount (more on that later). This hotel is pretty much what it advertises- clean, modern hotel, on par with Holiday Inn Express, etc in the US. After a week in the more "rustic" Costa Rican hotels, AC and cable TV were a welcome relief! Our actual stay at the hotel was nice. The man in the front desk who checked us in was very nice and courteous, we took advantage of the internet in the lobby (pretty fast connection) and also the breakfast at Denny's. We got in pretty late and only Denny's was still open for dinner but the hotel provided a 10% discount for Denny's when we checked in which was nice.
Now for the bad. This was the last hotel on our trip to Costa Rica and I can't believe what a bad way it was to end our trip! We booked our hotel online using the website provided on "The Map" to do so. We booked a room for $94 and I got an email confirmation for stating RACK RATE. I also left a comment on my reservation that I had the mapholder 10% discount. When we checked out in the morning (rushing to get to the airport) the woman at the front first wanted to charge up a rate of $104 plus tax, then when I pointed out my rate was $94 before the discount she said that $94 was the lowest rate available and its not good with the discount. I offered to show her my email confirmation that stated that I had booked a RACK rate, not a special rate and they should honor my discount. After more negotiating on their end, they ended up honoring the discount but we were already 30 minutes behind schedule.
So if you decide to book at this hotel, just be sure to first get the coupon and then make sure they honor it. Also, keep in mind that their hotel tax rate is 16.9% (they tried to tell me that my discounted rate of $86.50 + tax was $105). Hopefully your experience will be better than mine. Next time, I'll stay at the Hampton Suites which is right next door.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanhead
Reviewed May 14, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to our departure back to the states last week. I will admit, I was skeptical at first.... We had stayed in several high-end resorts during our stay and we didn't want the "downer" of staying in a chain-type hotel after such great experiences elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised.

The common areas, and our room itself, were very clean and well-managed. There was a slight (and I mean, slight) problem with assigning us to a room that was not ready. Before we even got to our unready room a staff member was chasing us down to give us the key to another room that was ready. As an added bonus, they knocked on our door less than an hour later with a box of Lindt chocolates "for the inconvenience". This was NOT something I expected from an "airport hotel". Very nice.

As others have mentioned, the free shuttle to the airport in the morning was great, and being able to call our rental car agency (Europcar, also a pleasant company to work with), and have them come directly to the hotel to pick up, was wonderful.

Due to an early flight, we missed the breakfast at Denny's but a nice touch for the hotel to offer this, as well as the free internet service. We also enjoyed the free cocktail, as well as some gambling at the casino next door.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience for our last night in such a beautiful country.

• Stayed: May 2006