“regrese y me encanto!”
Review of Hotel Pacande

Hotel Pacande
Ranked #3 of 65 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had been to this hotel before and I loved it last time, so this trip i decide to come back, they have remodeled many things, I like the new decoration, care and cleaning are still excellent.

the people who work in there help me a lot with everything, I had a small problem with my bags and they were very nice and try to help me always!
The breakfast was also great, it's an excellent hotel, I recommend it!

Room Tip: I'm always looking for good places, but also cheap! so i took a room with shared bathroom! the o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Maxik42

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well maintained rooms. Close to Alajuela airport. Nice family hotel with good breakfast and a nice garden. Helpful staff if you want to find a restaurant, call a cab or anything else. Close to the parque central.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JulesDeau
Reviewed January 21, 2013

By far this place is miles above the backpacker hostel next door. We were so impressed to find clean comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price ($30 with shared bathroom), a great breakfast garden area and really friendly and kind staff. Everything you could wish for as a traveler...I highly recommend! Another bonus for anyone with a car is that they have a secure lot to park the car at no extra charge!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HappyRTW
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My friend Evelyn and I stayed at Pacande for 4 nights in between travels to various parts of the country. Jose, Fabian and Luis welcomed us with open arms, warm smiles and were willing to help us with anything. It is such a friendly atmosphere and that's what made us keep coming back for one more night! we even cancelled a beautiful b&b in atenas because it just did not have that friendly and homelike atmosphere. WE LOVE PACANDE AND WILL BE BACK :) ps: if you can get it, room #1 is fantastic!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our family stayed here twice, before flying out of San José international airport (SJO). It's a very short (5-10 min) cab ride from the airport, and is located in a central Alujuela. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We particularly enjoyed room 8, with it's little loft area (mind your head!), that worked we for us as we have two teen children and it was good to have the extra space. Breakfast is basic, but does include fresh fruit and coffee (is anything more needed?). Very friendly staff -- some have excellent english, some almost none. Wi-fi is there, but doesn't reach all rooms. It's great to be in the center of town, as there are several restaurants and many local shops right outside. Definitely 99% non-tourists in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived to the hotel, they booked for us the best tours, they kept our luggage safe while we were on tours, even for days, an exelent point as basis, 10 minutes away from the airport and the main road, just 10 minutes from San jose. We called them when we had a problem in Arenal, just as if they were our family and they solved our problems. If you are their guest you know that you are safe in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage ask for first floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. This time around I travelled with my husband and our 2 years old son. I can say only good things about Pacande - simple, but very clean rooms (we stayed at room by the kitchen, with shared bathroom), very clean bathroom (which was all to ourselves, since there were no other people staying in the next room). Nice and ample breakfast (cereal, milk, juice, bread/butter/jam, fresh fruits).
Great staff.