Hotel Pacande
$129
$129
Courtyard
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$163
$153
$199
$84
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
$67
Hotel Brilla Sol Airport(Alajuela)(Great Value!)
$77
All reviewsclose to the airportcosta ricasan joseclean roomslocal attractionsshared bathwe arrived late at nightfirst floorwithin walking distancesjo airportconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againplace to stayshort stayincluded breakfastan early morning flightpura vida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived to the hotel, they booked for us the best tours, they kept our luggage safe while we were on tours, even for days, an exelent point as basis, 10 minutes away from the airport and the main road, just 10 minutes from San jose. We called them when we had a problem in Arenal, just as if they were our family and they solved our problems. If you are their guest you know that you are safe in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage ask for first floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. This time around I travelled with my husband and our 2 years old son. I can say only good things about Pacande - simple, but very clean rooms (we stayed at room by the kitchen, with shared bathroom), very clean bathroom (which was all to ourselves, since there were no other people staying in the next room). Nice and ample breakfast (cereal, milk, juice, bread/butter/jam, fresh fruits).
Great staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Hotel Pacande is clean and quiet and pretty good value for the money. But what really made it stand out for me was how nice and accomodating the staff were. I had a frantic morning dashing to and from the airport when I thought I'd left my wallet in the hotel and the staff was incredibly nice and responsive in helping me look for it (and planning out strategies for how to pay the $28 departure fee without that much cash on me). Also, it's location being 10 minutes away from the airport was a total lifesaver for me!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Hotel Pacande in Alajuela is a ten minute, $6 (3,000 colones) taxi ride from the Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica. Take one of the official taxis at the airport, they know where it is and they will charge you correctly. In general, I prefer official taxis with "marias" in Costa Rica. Asking for a guaranteed rate in advance of your trip usually means a higher fare, not a deal. Ask them to use the maria.

Hotel Pacande serves a lot of in and out travellers who stay primarily for their first and/or last night in San Jose. Alajuela is also a good gateway to the La Fortuna/Arenal area.

Everything you need is nearby -- restaurants in different price ranges, groceries, bank, drug store, hardware store, and the police station is just around the corner. Lots of taxis going by.

Management is friendly and helpful. You have a choice of rooms from private, private with shared bathroom, or dorms -- all in the lower price range. I had a private with shared bathroom (although no one was sharing the bathroom) and it included cable tv in my room.

The hotel is clean and your room includes a continental breakfast with coffee, bread and butter, and fruit in their enclosed back garden.

It is not fancy with simple basic accommodations, and it may not be that quiet because people need to come and go at different hours to meet their flight schedule. But it is a good value and a good location. It is difficult to find safe and clean hotels at low prices near the airport.

The rating is for what it is, if you are looking for fancy accommodations, you can find those closer to the airport at a much higher room rate.

Tried to return on another trip to Hotel Pacande but it was full and stayed instead next door at Hotel Cortez Azul. They are very similar in layout, service, and value. I recommend them both.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank choroni03
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The hotel itself seem very nice. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and it felt safe in an area that didn't seem safe at all. I especially liked how they were a sustainable hotel and very mindful about conservation and being "green." The garden in the back also had a nice atmosphere to it. The area in general though was not worth visiting. If possible, avoid staying in Alajuela at all. The city was very dirty and did not seem safe with every building behind bars and razor wire and policemen roaming the streets in groups of three. The hotel even had their front doors locked in the middle of the afternoon when we arrived. At least you can be sure no unwanted people will be strolling about the place and breaking into your room. But, if you have to stay in Alajuela I would recommend Hotel Pacande.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple