Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela
$116
$104
$66
$84
Hotel La Rosa de America(Alajuela)
$67
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

Hotel Brilla Sol Airport(Alajuela)(Great Value!)
$75
$60
$79
$67
$163
$199
$159
1,101 results
All reviewsevery half hourstrip mallsan josesmall mallcosta ricafree shuttleroom keynext morningfront desk staffbreakfast buffetrestaurant staffan early morning flightboarding passeshotel is perfectroom ratemangostayed one night
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel prior to connecting to a flight back to Canada in the morning.

The hotel is almost brand new. Very nice room, great bed, had an acceptable dinner in the hotel restaurant rather than taxi to somewhere else. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast the next morning as well.

The staff were very accomodating and spoke excellent english as opposed to our horrible spanish. Very attentive restaurant manager who asked us for feedback on what they could do different or better. Great young man.

We made use of the Walmart next door to stock up on CR coffee to take home. Looks like a strip mall is popping up on the adjacent property. I expect this means some shopping and dining options won't be too far behind.

Free shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes beginning at 4 a.m. It's a 5 minute ride which is one of the reasons we chose the hotel.

We were completely satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again based on our experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timwit61
GMCYSJOAirport, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding Courtyard San Jose Airport.
I have share with our Restaurant and Kitchen staff your comments regarding your dinner and great buffet breakfast experience; certainly motivates them to strive for more options to serve and maintain consistency in our menu options.
Our Airport shuttle service is a great option and Transportation Management is always looking for options to personalized service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. “Pura Vida”

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here one our first and last night in San Jose, before and after long drives.

It was perfectly adequate. Comfortable and clean rooms, powerful shower with lots of hot water and friendly reception staff.

The only thing - breakfast was pretty poor. Go to Walmart right next door and borrow bowls etc from the hotel. Far cheaper and better choice.

Note that they no longer allow you to pay your departure tax before you get to the airport as advised in another review. The receptionist said it was causing problems, so unfortunately, you now have to queue at the airport.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Our buffet breakfast was implemented on April 2013 and working daily to adjust and include the appropriate products to exceed expectations regarding food options and recipes. I would like to thank you for your feedback it will help me and my team to look for options to improve and serve the best quality of food and service.
I have share your comment with our Front Desk Staff, regarding Airport taxes making sure we are still offering this service as it has been since the day we open, we will follow up on daily airport taxes availability.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Reserved the hotel for four nights during a recent stay in Costa Rica. The hotel is new, great staff but the cook for breakfast needs some serious training. I decided not to partake in the buffet breakfast with all the greasy meets in there, and opted instead for an omelette. The first day omelette was fine, the second day they managed to make it tasteless...
I requested a taxi on the first day and the person at the front desk directed me to a privately owned Toyota to take me to downtown. The cost was $60 for a twenty minute drive. Outrageous! Especially that on my way back from down town to the hotel it cost me only $25.00
This kind of rip off should have never been allowed to impact guests trusting the employees of the hotel for their needs in a foreign country.

I decided to leave the hotel after two days and stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown for the remaining of my stay.

This was really the only problem that marred an otherwise great time visiting a great country.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quite and very clean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
I am certainly disappointed that you have experienced issues with breakfast and transportation. I would like to apologize on behalf of our team we are committed to improve the quality of items and food preparation for breakfast by adding local and international items to our buffet, taking in consideration your comments regarding food presentation. Our cooks are open to receive feedback and adjust accordingly to satisfy needs ad exceed expectations.
Our hotel does not own the transportation service and it is disappointed to heard that you felt overcharged, I will share your experience with transportation Management to follow up on transportation charges and recommend to share with customers prices before service is provided this experience not only impact our hotel but the Costa Rican Tourism industry as well.
Please do accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future to demonstrate that we are working in a daily basis to improve our service and quality of food.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the best Courtyard we've been to so far, and we've been to many. It's new and modern, the staff is very courteous and helpful, the standard room with 1 king bed is clean and modern with a very comfortable bed, nice-sized bathroom, and wonderful A/C. They have multiple seating/eating areas on the lobby level with a friendly cafe for drinks. Free WIFI throughout and computer access in their business center. After fighting with bugs, heat and humidity in Drake Bay, this hotel was 5-stars to us. Plus, there is a Walmart right next door which was very convenient. The breakfast and parking are complimentary, although we didn't take advantage of either of them because we returned the car the night before and had to leave early for a 6A flight. The free shuttle service was excellent and took all of 5 minutes to get to the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank veggi99
MarcoQ-GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, with all details you receive during your stay in our hotel, definitely one of our assets is the commitment to serve from our staff and I’m glad you have been able to notice and highlighted in your comment in addition to other benefits related to our close location to San Jose’s International Airport including parking, shuttle service, WIFI, boarding pass printing station. I’m also pleased to communicate that we are now open for breakfast starting at 5:00 am for those customers with early departure flights that I’m sure you would love for next time you plan to visit us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just like most of the other reviewers for this NEW, standard Courtyard property, we had an early morning flight for the US the next morning. The check- in was easy and friendly. When the gal told us about paying our departure tax ahead of time for a few dollars more...we jumped on it. Wow was that wonderful; especially the next morning when we got to skip that line and went straight to check- in. It also allowed us to catch a later complimentary shuttle to the airport. The Courtyard totally met my expectations. We were told about a shuttle service to a nearby mall where they had some restaurants if we wanted to get some dinner. We chose to eat in the typical Courtyard restaurant instead. I absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near the airport and I will stay here again on my next trip to Costa Rica!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WA_traveller57

Dear guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay in our property. It is good to know that you were able to use the service of charging you departure tax to your room account and saving time during the check in process in the Airport and the Airline.
I will share your comment to our Front Desk staff to let them know their contribution by offering this benefit upon check in.