I really enjoyed my stay at Pura Vida. They picked me up at the airport and I had a standard room which was very basic with a bathroom and showers around the corner. The food was great. Lots of fruits, vegtables, soups, chicken dishes and tofu dishes. Lots of juice and very good coffee. They had a hot tub on a new patio overlooking the city, and thier was another one over by the meeting hall. It was very beautiful at night to watch the lights. No tv, newspapers or phones, very quite and beautiful grounds and flowers and paths to walk around. They had a payphone in the office and internet access, but my cell phone also worked for $5 a minute which is At&T or cingular. I went on three excursions:Waterfalls with the hummingbird and butterfly conservatory. I enjoyed it even though it poured the entire time we were there. The second was the beach day trip, which was a nice ride to get out and see Costa Rica and the private beach was beautiful but the first beach at the hotel where we ate lunch was dirty. The third trip was to the volcanoe but it was to foggy so we went to a small zoo in town. That was okay, too. I got a little bus sick so bring dranamine because the little bus goes around and around on the mountains and the windows fog up so you can't really see where you are going. Seemed like it takes a couple of hours to get to any of the sights.
If I were to go again I would stay in a deluxe room with private bath/shower and a deck because I really enjoyed looking out at the city lights. The staff was very kind and personable. I was part of a very large retreat, so they were stretched for space but I never felt crowded or rushed. It was well organized and alot of planning was involved. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I'll try to answer them the best that I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class yoga instruction, acres of natural beauty, delicious healthy cuisine and spa services unrivaled in Costa Rica await inside the cloistered walls of this magical retreat. Tropical rain forest, active volcanoes, mountain cloud forests full of rainbows, breathtaking beaches and exhilarating white water rafting beckon the adventurer in you, all within a few hours drive of our eco-chic spa and wellness resort in the world's greenest country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Pura Vida Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa And Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Wellness Retreat Spa
- Pura Vida Retreat & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela